CHAPTER FOUR

Okay stay cool, act like you don't remember anything, deny deny deny. Why is he staring at me like that? The way he is looking at me right now is so intense that I feel like confessing to things that I never did.

"Sir, have you decided?" I repeat.

"I'll have smokey bacon, potato and cheddar hash with a cup of coffee, no cream and no sugar" he says.

His voice....oh his voice does weird things to me. So deep and throaty. It feels too intimate. I'm so taken by his voice that I don't even listen to what he's saying.

"I'm sorry but could you repeat your order"

He looks at me like I'm a simpleton as he repeats his order. I jot it down and I'm about to leave when he says "What do you like?"

"Sorry?" I ask confused.

"I meant what do you like to eat for breakfast?" He arches an eyebrow.

"I like banana pancakes and toasted pecans. Oh and coffee with lots of sugar and lots of milk." I respond. Talking about food just made hungry.

"Add that to my order" he dismisses me.

I walk away thinking that he is pretty weird, pretty hot too. No not pretty hot but very hot! No man has ever affected me this way. I feel hot as I head into the kitchen to relay his order.

His order is finally ready and I head towards his table. I'm done setting everything on the table when he says "Sit."

I look around thinking his date probably just arrived but I don't see anyone. I look back at him and see that he's looking at me. "You're talking to me?"

"Yes. Now sit." He orders.

"Now hold on I don't know who the hell you think you-" I cut myself off as soon as I remember that I'm at work and i do not want to lose this job and the customer is always right. I look away from him and try to calm myself down. I turn back to him and say in a too sweet voice "I'm sorry but I can't sit with you because I have work to do."

He looks around and signals the manager to his table. He tells him "I want her to eat this meal. Now make her do it." I'm literally stunned.

"Yes sir. Sure of course" says the manager whose name I still don't know. And this man draws out a seat, physically sits me on and then whispers in my ear "just do whatever he says" and leaves immediately.

At this point my blood is boiling. I'm sure the tip of my ears are probably red and I'm giving him the meanest death stare I've ever given anyone. And this is shocking to me because I am literally the sweetest person ever but it seems like this man brings out demons I never knew I had in me.

"Now eat" he orders

I pick up my fork and it takes everything in me not use it to stab his left eye. I stab my food instead and take a bite. The food is really good though and I can't even hold on to my anger because food makes me happy. Soon I'm humming and I've almost cleared my plate. I didn't realize I was this hungry. He chuckles and I look at him.

"When did you move to New York?" He asks

I'm in a really good mood now so I answer "recently"

"Hmm... I wonder why I wasn't informed" he muses.

Informed? I was right when I said that this man is weird. Because why would you be informed of my arrival into New York. But I don't say anything because I have already established the fact that something is really wrong with him.

A man comes up to our table and whispers something into weirdos ear. The man then looks at me and smiles like we've been long time friends. This man is really handsome too although not as handsome as my man. Wait did I just say that....no definitely not my man. I feel there's something in the air in this city that makes its people act strange and now it's starting to get to me.

"Hi Leilani" new pretty boy greets me.

How does he know my name? I've never met this guy in my life. This is starting to freak me out. I'm about to ask him how he knows me when weirdo in front of me starts to stand.

"I have to leave now but I want to see you soon. I'll call you" he drops two hundred dollars notes on the table and leaves.

I'm still reeling about what just happened when the manager stops me on my way to kitchen. "I'm sorry for what happened back but you don't ever say no to Zeno Bernardi" he says.

"Zeno? Why? Is he a god?" I scoff.

"Some people see him as one" he replies.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm home and Kelly isn't here yet. She told me earlier this morning that she had a modeling gig but didn't tell me when she would be done. I decide to call her.

"Hey what's up?" She answers.

"I just wanted to know when you'd be back" I ask her.

"I'm already on my way...so in like 20 minutes ish."

"Alright bye" I end the call.

I decide to order us a large pizza and get a bottle of wine. I have had a really trying day and need to unwind with my girl.

She gets home 5 minutes after the pizza arrived. She plops on the couch.

"Ugh! I'm so tired" she says as she takes a slice of pizza from the box.

"How did it go?" I pour her a glass of wine.

"It went really well" she says with her mouth full.

I laugh. "Well at least one of us had a good day. I have the most frustrating day"

"Talk to me" she turns to me.

"I met the world's most beautiful man. And I'm really not exaggerating Kelly. This man is perfection! But also the most annoying person I have ever met"

"Are you sure? Or are you just saying that because you haven't had sex in a long time"

"No I'm serious and sex is overrated btw"

"Girl shut up. Sex is not overrated, you just keep having it with people who don't know what they doing!" She exclaims.

"I listened to you when you said Ethan is not doing it right. Moved on to Nathan and it was the same. Or maybe something is wrong with me." I mutter.

"Nothing is wrong with you. You should probably stop having sex with people whose name ends with 'than' " she laughs at her own joke.

"Wait! You know what?" She pipes up.

"What?"

"Let's go out tomorrow night."

"I don't know." I say unsure.

"Oh come on....we haven't had fun since you moved here and it's been like 2-3years since you had sex? Live a little!" She urges.

"Alright" I agree with a smile.

"What's the name of your man?" She asks.

"He is not my man. His name is Zeno Bernardi."