"You're here because of that." Fury tells me snapping me out of my thoughts and I open my eyes. "Talk to me, doctor."

Dr. Erik Selvig emerges from behind the machine, concerned.
"Director." He says a he heads towards us. "Miss Stark." He extends a hand for a shake and I stare at it for a brief second before grabbing it.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asks.

"Tesseract is misbehaving." He explains.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asks.

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's...misbehaving." Dr. Selvig explains as we head towards the Tesseract.

I could feel my pulse quicken with each step I take towards it.

"How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury asks.

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"We've prepared for this, doctor. Harnessing energy from space." Fury says behind me as I turn back to the glowing cube. I move closer to it. I feel it again as I get closer and a wave off calm falls upon me. Which is odd because in the last four hours is been anything but that.

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation." I heard Dr. Selvig explain.

I reach my hand out to touch the cube but I'm snapped out when I hear my name.

"Lisa. You okay there?" He asks and I nod, moving away from the cube. What the hell was that? "Where's Barton?" Fury asks the doctor.

"The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual." I wonder what they're talking about.

"Agent Barton, report." Fury says into the comms and I see a man rappel down from the catwalk and walk up to Fury.

They both head in my direction, discussing between them.

"Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asks.

I feel that surge again and this time I gasp out. Fury and the agent turns to me, but I ignore them turning to the Tesseract again.

"Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides." I heard the agent say and I turn around.

Fury's eye meet mine in question.
"Something is coming." I managed to squeak out as the Tesseract suddenly thunders and shakes the entire facility. I feel someone pull me back as the flaring rings and glow of the cube spout out brighter and louder, like a boiling pot of water.

The Tesseract's energy fills the room and it felt like I was recharging, like when you shower after a really long day. I'm sure my hands are glowing now.

An hole or should I say portal is created. From the portal, I could see the blackness of space, beautiful and strewn with a billion stars. A gust of blue energy clouds fill the room, so bright that I had to close my eyes for a brief second.

I fall to the ground suddenly feeling overwhelmed. It's abnormally quiet. I feel two presence beside me and it's then I realised it was agent Barton holding me all along. I nod in appreciation unable to get words out.

I could hear heavy breathing. At  first I thought they were mine, then I realized they were from across the lab.

A figure is kneeling on the platform, smoke coming off it. They were wearing what I think is a robe, holding a shining blue staff. It had a different energy but quite similar.

The men beside me help me up and I let out a deep breath. I go to walk towards him but Fury pulls me back.