꒷꒦𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

____

____

     MUZAN'S lips curled in disgust as the elderly woman before him collapsed to her knees— pleading for her life. He had finished the task of slaughtering her husband and sister right before her eyes not too long ago, and was now licking the excess blood off of his slender fingers. This is why I hate humans... So weak and fragile. How pathetic.

"Please— please spare me! I- I have two sons back home in the city! P-please, I can't—" The woman's voice was cut off by her own stifled sob— her cheeks becoming sticky with tears. "I— C-Can't—"

Muzan eventually crouched down before her once he realized she wouldn't be able to let out another word due to her non-stop hiccups and cries. He narrowed his eyes, reaching a hand forward and catching her jaw in a threatening grasp— his sharp nails nicking the flesh of her skin ever so lightly.

The woman immediately froze in his grip, too terrified to wonder why he hasn't killed her yet. And she didn't dare ask why he had suddenly gone quiet.

"...Two sons, you say?" Muzan eventually spoke, a thoughtful hum following soon after. He loosened his grip on the woman's jaw, watching her face wash over with relief. He couldn't believe how stupid she was— to really think the demon lord was going to let her and her sons live.

No, no he couldn't allow that.

Not when this particular family had such delectable blood flowing through their veins.

He parted his lips to speak right before his finger's retracted from the sides of her head, a knowing smile upon his lips.

"Then I'm sure they'll taste just as well as their father, won't they?"

It was all too fast. The woman's face contorted in despair as Muzan's claws suddenly sank deep into her temples and wasted no time to tear her head straight from her body.

She never should have mentioned her children.

____