A Howling Friendship Begins

[Jonah's POV]

As I entered the classroom and sat down, I watched as a Minotaur walked up to me.

Jonah: Hello, may I help you?

I asked politely. Within a few seconds, he grabbed me by my shirt.

???1: Two things, Normie, one that's my seat and two nobody wants you to hear.

He threw me into the wall, causing me to scream as my back hit it hard. As I struggle to get up, I see my sister run in with the group of Ghouls in the hall earlier.

Operetta: Jonah, you okay?

(A/N: I should let it be known I know she speaks with an accent, but unfortunately, I do not know how to type it that way, so please don't hate if you think I have the pronunciation wrong.)

Jonah: Im okay.

I say when I see the Vampire, Frankenstein, and Werewolf stand between the Minotaur and me.

???2: What the heck is wrong with you, Manny? He's just a Normie.

The Werewolf barks at him.

???3: Yeah, I mean, it's sad enough you pick on Jackson, and he's half Normie. Do you want to set monsters back centuries by bullying a true Normie?

Frankenstein says to him. He then grumbles before walking away. The trio came up to me, and the Werewolf and my sister helped me stand.

???2: Sorry about that guy sometimes; I would like to rip him a new one.

Jonah: It's okay. Believe it or not, there are also bullies in the human world. I'm Jonah, by the way.

Clawdeen: I'm Clawdeen Wolf.

Frankie: I'm Frankie Stein.

Frankenstein says, waving.

Draculaura: I'm Draculaura.

The Vampire says.

Cleo: I am Cleo de Nile of the de Nile family. You may now bow before me and give me adoration.

She says as the rest of the Ghouls roll their eyes. The Zombie then groans, which gives me confusion.

Jonah: What did she say?

Frankie: She says that her name is Ghoulia Yelps. Don't worry. You spend enough time around her, and you'll learn how to speak Zombie.

Jonah: Ah, well, it's nice to meet you all. And who was the guy with hoofs for brains?

Clawdeen: Manny Taur. And it's nice to meet you too. But how are you related to Operetta?

Jonah: Oh, I'm adopted. I have been all my life. But trust me, I know she'll do anything to protect me, and she knows I'll do the same.

Operetta: That's right, hon. Now we should get you to the nurse's office. Clawdeen, can you take him? I'll tell the teacher what happened.

Clawdeen: Sure, Ghoul.

She starts to lead me to the nurse's office. On the way, I look at her.

Jonah: So I take it to you are the fashion designer my sister told me about.

Clawdeen: Yeah, I got dreams. What about you? Any hobbies or goals of your own?

Jonah: I write, but they're just short stories I put on the internet. I guess my dream is I want to write and publish an actual book.

Clawdeen: That's cool. Maybe I could check it out sometime.

Jonah: Sure, I'll send you the link.

We soon arrive at the nurse's office, and I get checked out. After the nurse clears me, I head back to class. When I return, I see a phantom-type monster teaching the class. After sitting down, I begin to write notes from stuff written on the board. As I do, I can't help but glance at Clawdeen, sitting in the front row with the rest of the Ghouls around her.

Jonah: Maybe this won't be completely horrible.

I say, smiling as the class continues.