Chapter 7

A/N: Lots of fluff for our babies before everything goes wrong...

A few days had passed since Jean and I had our first date. He has been nothing but a perfect gentleman and constantly wants to dote on me, which I try to avoid (given that our relationship hasn't  been made public). 

We're riding in the car to work like we always do, except tonight is the opera gala, and my energy is high. We ride in comfortable silence for a little more than half the drive, and I can't keep it in anymore. 

"So… tonight's the night we go to the opera! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go to an opera house! Are you as excited as I am? I'm sure you've been many,," but I'm interrupted when Jean reaches over and gently grasps my hand. 

I look up at him and notice he's amused. I remember myself, realizing I was rambling on and on. 

"What is it, dear?"

"I'm just so taken with how beautiful you are when you're happy," he gushes. 

I bring our faces closer together and I brush my nose against his.

"And I'm so enraptured by how handsome you are," I say, pressing a light kiss to his lips. 

Jean cradles one side of my face in one of his large calloused hands while the other wraps around the back of my neck, slowly tangling it in my hair. He deepens our kiss, pressing my head forward and smashing our lips together. We have a pretty steamy make-out until the car jolts to a stop and we're thrown forward, landing with a thud on the floor. I land on top of Jean, straddling his waist as I throw myself backwards to straighten up. I look down to see he's staring at me with huge eyes; they flicker to where our bodies are touching. 

I scramble to get off him, yet he stays cool as a cucumber with a flirtatious smirk. 

"I- I'm so sorry," I squeak out. 

He grabs my wrist, stroking it lightly with his thumb. 

"No need to be sorry, gorgeous," he says in a trifling tone, pressing a light kiss to the sensitive patch of skin. 

I break out into goosebumps at the contact. He notices straight away, I can feel his lips stretching into a smile. 

I nervously chuckle, trying to break the thick air of temptation between us, as much as I'm tempted to jump back on him and have my way with him in the car. 

We hear Anders close the door to come around to ours, and we quickly shuffle back into our seats, straightening our clothes. Anders opens the door for us and Jean gets out first, holding his hand out for me to take. My eyes twinkle up at him as he helps me get out of the car. When I'm on the sidewalk I let my hand slack, expecting him to let go, but he doesn't. 

"Are you sure we should make it official now?"

He pulls me close and whispers lowly in my ear, "Very."

He begins to pull me in the direction of the door to enter the bank, and I feel my confidence radiating out of me. I walk in with him, and a grin immediately blooms onto my face. Some of the other employees are obviously shocked and confused as we walk by with joined hands. 

When we get to the elevator he still doesn't let go of my hand and we wait for the doors to open. When they do, we walk in together and stand side by side until they close. As soon as we begin to lift, Jean grabs my shoulders and smashes his lips to mine, backing me up to the wall. I wrap my arms around his neck, and I feel his tongue lightly brush my bottom lip. I open my mouth, and he wastes no time prodding between my lips. Our kiss starts to become intensely heated; unfortunately, before it can progress any further, the doors begin to open.