Chapter 19: The Fake Butler

That was a good run for today. It's now one in the morning. I have been stopping crimes for about an hour. And in that hour, I've managed to stop five robberies across the city, and six attempted murders in the Glades. I've basically just been knocking people unconscious, and telling my nanos to send the locations to the police. Iron Heights is gonna be full today, that's for sure.

I went into the same back alley that I used to transform. I ducked behind the garbage bin again.

"Recall." I whispered to the nanos.

They reentered the Prime, and there was no trace of what I've been doing this morning. Except the giant bruise on my right arm. One of the criminals shot me with a strong calibre of shotgun, and it managed to puncture through my suit a bit. But it's just a bruise. My hoodie is covering it up just fine.

I exited the back alley, and went to the spot that I left the motorcycle. Surprisingly enough, is was still there.

I jumped onto it, and rode back to the mansion.

Once I arrived there, I parked behind the structure so that nobody would see me or the motorcycle.

I hopped off the vehicle, and entered the mansion through the back door.

Apparently, none of the doors are locked, so that the guests can get in. The party's still going strong by the way. The music isn't any quieter than it was before.

I walked up to Ollie's room, just to see what he's doing now. Did Diggle report to him yet? I don't think so... I can scent that Laurel just walked in here.

The door is slightly open, so I peeked through it.

"Look, I-I'm not trying to tell you this to make you feel bad, or worse. I just, I really want you to understand him." Laurel stated.

Understand who? Quentin? I suppose so.

After a brief pause, Oliver began speaking.

"Why don't you hate me? You should." Oliver stated.

Because... she's still in love with you. Even though you don't deserve her. At all. I honestly think that Laurel would be better off with Tommy. But, I suppose it's not really that easy to get over the guy that you were supposed to spend your life with.

"I did. For so long, I did, Ollie. But after today, I realized that I was so focused on what happened to my family, that I didn't even stop and wonder what could've happened to you." Laurel said, taking a pause.

What happened to your family, is that Sara turned into a psychopath. But you don't need to know that. If you knew the truth, it'd completely destroy your memory of her.

"I didn't know about the torture, or your scars. What happened to you on that island was far more than you deserved." Laurel said quietly.

I kinda wish that someone could tell me that.

That I didn't deserve anything that happened to me in my short lifetime. The abuse from my mother. The experimentation from Ivo. The so-called training from Malcolm Merlyn. The mental scars inflicted upon me by Slade Wilson. The way that I've never actually had the opportunity to live; only to survive.

But, the thing is, I know that I deserved all of it. Every scar, every bruise; I deserved every ounce of pain that I endured.

Ollie probably didn't, though. That's the main thing that sets us apart. That Oliver actually was a good person once upon a time. He probably still is, but just doesn't realize it. But I wasn't. I was born a killer. I was bred for the one purpose, of inflicting pain on others. And that's the only thing I can do.