Chapter 14: Conviction

I've done it. I've actually done it. I'VE ACTUALLY FREAKING DONE IT! After three entire days, or a little over seventy-two hours of planning, constructing, and making edits to my designs, I've finally done it.

I know I'm being a bit vague here, so let's explain it in more detail. I created some of the most advanced nanotechnology to ever be invented. Here's a list of some of the things it can do:

1. Self-Create.
As long as one nano is still functioning, it can create dozens of them in a few milliseconds.

2. Self-Healing.
If some of the nanos get damaged, they can repair themselves using parts from the other nanos that surround them.

3: Responsive to Commands.
I have programmed my nanos to respond to certain phrases. So, when I say 'tora', which means tiger in Japanese, my nanos will surround me and create my suit. When I say 'uncus', which basically means grappling hook in Latin, my nanos will form a... well... grappling hook. I've coded in other phrases as well, that'll trigger my nanos to rearrange themselves in different patterns.

4: Self-Destruction.
I will keep one nanobot on me, at all times. This nano will be called the 'Prime'. After use, all the other nanobots reenter the Prime. I have trackers on each and every nano, so if they are in someone else's possession, I have made it so they will automatically self-destruct. Of course, individual nanos are completely and utterly useless, without the Prime. But I don't want anyone to get access to this technology, but me. It can be lethal, if they're in the wrong hands.

All I have to do now, is inject myself with a syringe that holds some clear liquid, and the Prime nano. The clear liquid is a formula that I created, that'll eventually enter my bloodstream and trigger a hormone in my brain. That hormone sends off a signal that the nano will receive, giving me access to the Prime.

I held my small syringe filled with the contents I described above. Where exactly do I inject this... how about... below my collarbone? That'll work.

I'm literally about to inject myself with a D.I.Y. science experiment. I'm hoping that it works, and doesn't have any crazy side effects. I haven't exactly tested my formula, so if I get a seizure and die, well- I suppose there's nothing left to worry about.

Here we go...

I carefully inserted the needle, making sure that it was below my collarbone. It didn't pierce through my skin that much. I only made it so that the needle would enter the layer of skin right beneath the surface.

I took a deep breath, and slowly injected it into myself. The liquid slowly drained from the syringe, making my skin practically absorb it. Okay, that was unexpected. I suppose that it entered the bloodstream anyways, though. Ah-

Oh, yeah. It definitely did. My skin felt as if it were burning, and it felt like I was being shredded apart from the inside. It took everything in me to not scream or whimper. I just stayed silent. This definitely isn't the most painful injection I've ever felt. I'll be fine.

WRONG! I gasped, now sweating relentlessly. Ow... ow... OW! Frick! I chomped down hard on my tongue, but couldn't help but let out a little whimper. I squeezed my eyes shut, and injected the fluid, along with the Prime, into me a bit faster.

My head was throbbing, and a burst of pain exploded in my brain. I did not intend for that to rhyme.

I suddenly felt a stronger burning sensation right  below my collarbone. GOOD LORD! Something just shot itself inside of me! That had to be the Prime!

I injected what should be the remainder of the syringe into me. I mean... I haven't died yet. So that's a pretty big start.

All of a sudden, the pain dissipated. Like, immediately. My eyes fluttered open again, and I took a relieved breath. Yup, the syringe is empty.