Protect/Wonder

Sam's POV

The whole day Colby was really quiet and timid. Almost like he was scared of someone or something. When I got close to talking to him during our classes, he would just move away. or ignore me. It almost felt like he was trying to avoid me all day. I decided to talk to him after my movie date with Chelsea tonight.

Colby's POV:

Once Sam and I got home he right away hopped in the shower so he could get to the store on time to buy what he needed for his movie date with her. As Sam was showering, I begin to gather some fresh clothes so I can shower after him when I noticed my locket that was on my side drawer was gone.

As I was looking, I heard a voice coming from the corridor towards Addy's room. I then walked to her room to see Addy holding my locket looking at the image of Mermainia. "So you took my locket?" I asked jokingly.

"Wait, this is yours?" Addy asked me. "Yup, it's mine," I replied back. "So are you a mermaid?" she asked me. "Well, I'm actually a boy mermaid," I replied. Then my family portrait appeared. "Is this you?" she asked me. "Yeah and that's my mom and dad. They're the king and queen of the sea," I told her. "So you're a prince!" she squealed in excitement. "That's right," I replied with a smile on my face. "Just promise to not tell anyone about this ok?"I asked her. "Pinky promise," she then held her pinky and I grabbed it with my pinky as she swore her promise.

"But why aren't you a mermaid?" she asked me. "Well, that's because I'm searching for my true love," I replied. Moments later Sam came to tell us he was on his way to the store to get his supplies for his date. Addy asked if I could play with her since she was bored so I agreed. I then went to go shower and do my homework.

After dinner, Addy and I played while Sam was downstairs with Chelsea. We were in the middle of playing dolls when Chelsea entered Addy's room. "Can you and this stupid brat please quiet down?" she hissed at us. Addy immediately stood in front of me.

"We weren't even playing loud," Addy replied. "Uh was I talking to you dumb brat?" she hissed while pushing her to the floor. I caught Addy before she hit the floor. "Don't touch her," I said in a stern voice as I gently pushed Addy behind me. "Whatever," she scoffed as she pushed me as she went downstairs.

After we ended our game of dolls, I then put Addy to bed. I was almost out the door when Addy called me. "Colby?" "Yeah, Addy?" I replied. "Can you date Sammy instead of her?" she asked me. "Maybe someday," I replied with a tiny smile on my face.

I walked into my and Sam's room and I had just sat on his bed when our door was jerked open. "What did I tell you yesterday?!" I looked to see Chelsea walking toward me. "I'm sorry I just sat down I swear," I replied.

"Lier!" she hissed as she slapped me across my face. I whimpered in pain as I felt the stinging sensation. Chelsea again then grabbed a handful of my hair and aggressively pushed me to the floor where she slap, punch, and kick me repeatedly only harder this time.

As this was happening, neither of us saw Addy watching. Once she left the room Addy entered. "Colby?" she called. "Yeah, Addy?' I asked her. "Why was she hurting you?" she asked me with sadness in her voice. "Y-you saw?" I asked her. Addy nodded her head in response

"I came to ask if I can sleep with you because I was scared but then I saw her hurting you," she told me. "Well she was hurting me because she doesn't like me," I explained to her. "Well I like you, mommy and daddy like you, Sammy likes you too," she said. "I know you guys do but she doesn't" I replied with a sad smile on my face.

"Are you going to tell Sammy?" she asked me. "Maybe someday," I replied. "But what if she hurts you worse?" she asked me with fear in her voice. "Well I prefer she hurt me instead of you and Sammy," I assured her. Afterward, Addy fell asleep cuddled next to me on my inflatable mattress I held her tight in a protective hold just in case she came in and tried to hurt us.