The Locket

A/N: Colby's locket is similar to Melody's. Even how he opens it the only difference is that his locket has a message engraved on the back. (Remember that ;) )

Colby's POV:

We soon arrived at what seemed to be Sam's house. Which wasn't that far from my rock. Heck, it was a one-minute walk from his house. Man land homes sure are different than underwater homes. Once we got to his room he motioned for me to sit on his bed with him.

"So prove to me how you're my mysterious savior?" he asked me. I kind of giggled at how he called me. "Well y-you see Sam I'm not like you per se. I-I'm a merman or boy mermaid in your case," I then turned to see his expression only to see him burst into laughter.

My heart shattered as I looked down at my dirty feet. I knew he wouldn't believe me. "O-oh you're serious?" he asked me when he saw my sad face. I then perked up after I remembered the golden seashell locket my mom got me for my twelfth birthday. Good thing I was wearing it today.

"You might not believe me but this might help," I said back to him as he's giving me a very confused look. I took my locket from my neck and opened it right in front of him. A magical blueish-goldish swirl came out from my locket and I turned to see Sam with a shocked look on his face. "Woah," he replied still shocked. "Do you believe me now?" I asked him. "Yup," he replied back.

"This is my home Mermainia, " I explained as a picture of my home appeared. "Who are they?" Sam asked me after seeing a family portrait of me and my parents. "That's my dad king Maximus Brock of the seven seas and my mom queen Maritza Brock." "Wait does that mean you're a..a," "A prince? Yeah, I'm prince Cole Robert Brock of the seven seas. But I mostly prefer Colby."

"Your majesty!" Sam said while bowing down in front of me making me slightly blush. "Please Colby is just fine," I reassured him after putting my locket back on. "But how are you a human then?" He asked still kind of confused.

So I told him all about my curse and how my parents are forcing me to marry a girl when I'm not even into girls. Of course, I never told him my true love was him. I want him to find out for himself over time. "So what does he look like?" Sam asked me so I thought about using Sam's hair and Alex's eyes. "He has blonde hair and green eyes," I lied to him. "Oh ok then," he said back. "Just promise not to tell anyone please I don't want my home to be in danger." "Don't worry Colbs I promise."

"Though I do have one thing to worry about," I said as I looked down at my feet again. "What is it?" he asked me. "Where am I gonna live for a month?" I asked him. "You can live with us," Sam said looking at me. "Really?" I asked while looking at him. "Really," he said while giving me a warm smile.

Sam's POV:

Colby and I went downstairs to talk to my parents about Colby staying with us. "Hey, mom? dad?" " In the living room," my mom replied. Colby and I made our way to the living room where my mom and dad were watching tv.

"What is it, son?" my dad asked me. "Well um, first of all, this is my new friend Colby and we were wondering if he could live with us for a month?" I asked them. "A month?" my dad asked me. "Sweetie why is he staying for a month?" my mom also asked.

I looked at Colby and nodded for him to tell my parents. So Colby told my parents everything he told me. Of course, my parents didn't believe him until he showed them the locket and all it contains. After some consideration, my parents agreed for Colby to stay with us.

"Oh yeah, Colby where did you get those clothes?" I asked him. "O-oh these well I um took them from a nearby house," he replied while rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, Sam tomorrow you'll be allowed to skip school so you can take Colby to shop for clothes and school supplies," My dad said.

"Wait is Colby going to my school?" I asked them. "Yes dear, I'll talk to the principal by saying that Colby is the son of my best friend Flora who lives in Key West, Florida and that she decided it would be a good idea to send him to LA since he was planning to go to UCLA." "That actually sounds believable mom but what if they call aunt Flora?" I asked her. "Don't worry sweetie I just need to ask, Colby is it ok for Flora to know who are? " my mom asked him. "W-will she tell anyone?" Colby asked her "Don't worry Flora was voted best secret keeper back in high school." my mom replied back. "Also she works as a librarian and is a very famous author. She always writes down her secrets and ideas for future books in secret journals that only me and her know about." my mom reassured him.

"Well ok but where am I going to sleep?" Colby asked. "You can sleep in Sam's room on an inflatable mattress," my dad said. So that night I lend Colby a pair of PJs and an extra toothbrush I had in my room bathroom. About an hour later I couldn't sleep due to Colby moving around.

"Can't sleep?" I asked him. "Nope, I'm not used to sleeping on these types of beds." He replied back to me. "Do you want to sleep up here with me?" I asked him.