chapter 63 // sin

Start from the beginning

"Precisely. Your woman want to know what they're learning and I would like to know that you are prepared to teach." I implied. 

"When do you expect this?" she questioned. 

"Tonight, on my desk at seven sharp. If it's not there and in perfect shape, there will be punishments." I demanded. 

"What kind of punishments?" Haven slyly questioned, biting her bottom lip.

"Fuck around and find out Haven, it won't be fun." I boomed, excusing myself from the dinner table. 

I softly patted Con's back as I wrapped around the table, letting him know that it was good to have him back. It was true, I didn't speak with my emotions through words besides to Haven. She was different, yes, but the relationship was just different with Con and Tan. Our communication was different. 

I gently pulled up my suit's sleeves to my elbows as I climbed the stairs, glancing at my watch. It was only four which meant Haven had around three hours to present me with her perfect plan. My cock twitched underneath my jeans as I thought about her coming in a few minutes late, begging to be punished. 

I sat behind the desk, typing away at the documents that I needed to finish. The slight thunder and rain pounding down on the windows beside me. I let the speakers play a soft tune from Tame Impala that the vibrations soaked into my veins. I took a deep sigh as I scrolled through the endless emails. 

I always felt like I was working my life away, I never felt like this was what I was meant to do when I got older. I always wonder if my father hadn't forced me into it, who would I have turned out like? Although, the people I've met and experiences I have gotten from this life, I wouldn't change in an instant. 

I just wonder what it would be like to work a regular 9-5, own a small family home in the suburbs, and come home to a family every night. In some ways it sounds atrocious and some ways it sounds blissful. The bigger question that lingered on my mind was why would Haven choose a life like this instead of a life like that?

I glanced at the time to see six thirty blaring back at me, I must've gotten lost in work again. Suddenly, the door clicked open which made me jump a little. Tan and Con stood in my doorway, quickly hustling in with handfuls of things before taking a seat in the chairs in front of my desk. 

They dumped the handfuls of equipment onto my desk which sent a slight scowl to leave my throat. Until I realized they were all Tan's handcrafted equipment, all new setups and new gear. 

"What's this?" I questioned, arching my eyebrow at him. 

"The least I could do for failing at every other equipment I have recently made. I made Haven's entire unit new gear." Tan stuttered, rubbing his palms together. 

"Hmm..what exactly is it?" I asked lightly.

"Screened watches that have full tracking and communication, earpieces, and more dagger holsters." Tan gulped as if I were judging every word.

I picked up the pieces of equipment, studying them thoroughly. 

"Nice work." I announced, hearing his shallow breath. 

I glanced over at Con who twiddled his thumbs in the chair.

"And you came for?" I began.

"I just-" he began, a small tear welting up into his eye. 

"It's okay Con, take your time." Tan replied, rubbing his shoulder gently.

"It's just good to be home. I was so fucking drained, I was trapped in some box where I couldn't move. It was like that basement with my dad all over again." he confided. 

"I just don't know what I would do if my mind hadn't left that place. Thank you for not giving up on me, ever." he insisted. 

As I opened my mouth to speak, the door slightly opened allowing Haven to brisk into the office, beaming with glee. She clung onto the stack of papers that seemed to be handwritten and laid them carefully on my desk.

"You're late." I began, looking down at 7:02.

________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

Goodness Gracious, thank you all for being so patient. I am truly so so sorry for taking so long on updating. I was trying to enjoy my last summer at home before I move again and then ended up very sick, resulting in surgery.

Every time I tried to write, I was absolutely so drained and felt so uncreative. I am so sorry if these next few chapters aren't as creative and well written as my other ones. I think I will be going back and rewriting a lot of the book since my next step is publishing it!

Thank you all so much for all of the support and I hope you guys are well!