Chapter 20: Tinted windows

Start from the beginning

He was wearing a black button up shirt, a striped vest over it, a white tie, and some black dress pants. A gold watch peeked from under the dark shirt sleeve.

We made our way over to our usual table, he sat his stuff down and I got situated in my chair.

"Alright. Did you finish reading chapter eight?" he questions.

"I did" I smile, leaving out the fact I didn't understand a lot of the words and it took me a while to read each page because I had to keep scanning back up to the top.

"Good, good.." he says as he sits down "Any questions?"

"One actually... What does besotted mean?" I ask. I've been replaying that word over and over again in my head ever since I've read it.

"Did you bookmark it?" he asks.

"I did," I responded, quickly taking out the book and flipping to the page with the complicated word.

I put my finger on the word as he cleared his throat and leaned towards me, getting a better look.

"Ah, besotted. It's a term of endearment" He explains, his hand reached for his tie, pulling it a bit loose. I swallowed as I stared at his hand.

His eyes darted to mine, licking his lips before he continued "It means being completely and utterly in love with someone."

"Oh" I let out quietly, biting on my bottom lip nervously.

His hand reached towards my face, his thumb pulling my bottom lip from in between my teeth.

"S-sir" I stuttered.

"Focus Niara" he says sternly before pulling his hand away.

It's hard to focus when a face like that is sitting in front of me.

---

We're a few hours into the lessons, it was going pretty okay. I managed to stop being so nervous.. although he still makes me very anxious. I can't get that night out of my head.

I heard his voice clear, making me quickly look up at him.

"Having trouble focusing my love?" he asks.

"I tad bit.." I mumbled, looking away.

He pushed his sleeve up, looking at his watch.

"Well I have to pick up something from my office today anyways, why don't you come along and we can can get a bite to eat?" he smiles slightly.

"Okay" I beamed. I was a bit hungry.

And I'm curious as to what his workplace looks like, I've been to father's workplace a few times. Everyone there seemed very kept together.

"Let's get going then" he called, standing up while fixing his tie.

I followed after him as he exited the large house.

Usually there would be a driver but I guess he drives himself whenever he comes to teach. He has a nice car, it's matte black and looks very clean. The windows are pretty much completely tinted.