Chapter 51

♧ ♧ ♧

Once the school had ended, the setting sun was looking dark. Sitting diagonally me at the table was my one year gap younger sister. My gaze was pinned to the phone on my hand, silently reading the news and update for the Festival.

"So hungryy~!" Chaeyoung whines and half of her body laid across the table. The only reply was the sizzling sound of the fried egg in the kitchen. We were both waiting for our dinner.

Ignoring Chaeyoung, she spoke again. "I feel like today's dinner is gonna be delicious," Now that she'd spoken twice, I was forced to lift my head from the phone.

"Mom's cook is the best," I breathe and I just remembered. "Oy... when are you going back home?"

"As if I'd go back to that old fart's house. This is where I belong. It's so boring there too and I'm sick of Dad bringing young ladies to the house every single day," She tells me and I'm getting riled up just by mentioning him.

"You're more than welcome here to stay with us, Chaeyoung!" My Mom finished cooking as she sets up the table, serving one miso soup and accompanied three dishes. We're having fish as our dinner and a side dish of fried egg, pickles, and rice.

"I... am the Festival Committee Leader. Therefore, I'm going to be busy and come home very late," The news seemed to have shocked them that they briefly paused, as if time has stop.

Meanwhile, I was the one who started eating casually in a calm manner.

That just wasn't funny to say out loud but I couldn't care less now.

It's the first time I've volunteered some social events for no stupid reason...

The following day, the entire students in Jinjikou school are getting ready for the Festival. Well, being busy is normal here. After all, this school focused on club activities more. People wouldn't expect me to become the leader, someone like would just hold everyone back and my presence will only have them all walking on eggshells. 

Alone at the student conference room, I waited for the members. I used the phone to pass time.

The minor problem is that we haven't made any progress yet and my grace assistant has arrived.

"What's going on with your mind?" It was Mina.

"Nothing, I'm bored that's all." With my usual lazy gesture, Mina shot a meaningful look toward me.

"I can't believe you decide things behind my back..." said Mina and I couldn't hide my words as I put the phone into my pocket.

"Right back at you," When I stand, the first thing Mina caught up right away was the armband in my upper limb that says Committee Leader. At this approach, Mina was slightly terrified.

"I can't believe you lied to me. You said you'll only help Seungmin out, but the Committee Leader was you all along," I stare back at her. 

"So... I guess I need my title back,"

"After passing out from overwork, yea? You think the Committee members are going to put their trust in you again?"

"Talking about rude, the idea of you being the Committee Leader is out of question. You have nasty personality, rotted eyes, and creepy presence. You Misanthrope freak," Beginning with this debate, I didn't want to lose.

"Becoming a leader means you've got knack for leadership, who is good with people and a good looking face. This job fits me the best,"

"To be blunt, no leaders thinks that they're good looking or narcissism freaks like you. We should talk this out in a serious way and I'm expecting you to cooperate as a member of the Committee," Mina is really good at making the jokes and the atmosphere dead. I was just fooling around, yet she cut the ties.