Chapter 25

I was exhausted. The wounds on my body hurt terribly and interfered with my fight. Slowly we began to lose strength. We saved each other as much as we could, but it was still not enough.

I often glanced towards the mountain, but now I was beginning to lose any hope.

In the distance I saw how one of orcs wanted to attack Gandalf from behind, so I quickly ran in that direction and saved our Wizard. In the distance I also saw Legolas, who saved Aragorn's life at the last minute.

And where was my Kili?

I looked behind and saw him fighting shoulder to shoulder with Gimli.

I thought of Thorin and our Company and that... That we won't see them again.

The tears that came to my eyes made it difficult for me to fight, but I still didn't give up, or at least I tried.

Suddenly, I heard a thud and turned behind me to see one of the orcs knock my husband into the air and then swing over him to finish him off.

"No! " I screamed and quickly ran in that direction.

Orc heard me, as soon as I was there, he hit me on the head with a sword blade.

I staggered and fell on my back. The orc swung and wanted to stick the sword into my heart, but I managed to roll to the side and the sword only cut my arm. But even so, I screamed in pain.

Trying not to pay attention to it, I grabbed the sword that had fallen out a moment earlier and drove it into the creature, and then cut off its head.

"Kili?! " I ran to my unconscious husband. "Kili, wake up! " I screamed. "You won't fool me this time ! Kili, I beg you! " I screamed and started crying. "Don't leave me!"

Suddenly, two orcs grabbed me from behind and pulled me away from my husband.

"No! " I screamed. "Let me go! "

I tried to break out, but their grip was too strong. I kicked one in the knee and the other in his nasty murder. A moment of their inattention only allowed me to grab my sword, and when I wanted to attack them again, an explosion broke out and we flew into the air.

All I could hear in my ears was a squeak and nothing else.

"Die! " I heard suddenly, and when I turned around I saw how the orc was swinging his sword at me, and I had no way to defend myself. I wouldn't have made it.

"You die first! " I heard suddenly and after a while orc fell dead.

"Kili! " I shouted and ran up to him, throwing myself around his neck.

"I'm fine..." He stroked my head. "Let's help Aragorn. " He said when we moved away from each other.

I immediately nodded and we both ran to man to help him.

Just in time, because orcs began to surround him from all sides. We all fought side by side, but there was no indication of our victory.

Suddenly, I felt pain in my leg and fell to my knees.

One of the orcs cut my leg, which now hurt me mercilessly. He wanted to finish me off, but I wouldn't let him. I took advantage of the fact that he was tall and slow.

I rolled under him and cut his legs, then beheaded him. Turning behind me, I felt someone thunder in my face and I fell to the ground again.

I didn't have the strength to do it anymore, really. I just wanted to let myself be killed, but then I heard a voice in my head.

"Don't give up! " I heard a warm, male voice. "You can't give up, flower! "

Dad... I thought.

"We're with you! " Mom added. "Fight! "

Suddenly, out of nowhere, eagles appeared and helped us a bit in the fight, but it was still not much.

Sauron's eye watched our defeat. There was nothing we could do anymore.

As soon as we defeated one orc, another one would appear over and over again. And over and over again, like on a carousel. There were hundreds, thousands... And there are fewer and fewer of us.

I turned behind me and saw that one of the larger orcs was walking straight towards me.

"Come on! " I screamed. "What are you waiting for?! " I screamed through my tears. "Kill me! That's what you want! " I screamed and felt streams of tears coming from my eyes.

I saw our people die. I saw the death of a thousand people...

"Kill me! " I screamed and fell to my knees.

Maybe it's time for me...