Chapter 19

In the morning I was awakened by the rays of the rising sun. I rolled over to my side and found my husband still sleeping. He looked really cute.

All my dreams came true.

I got my family back, I made real friends for life, and most importantly, I found the love of my life. A love that was with me from the very beginning and now slept innocently next to my side. What more could I ask for?

I cuddled up to brunet and began to gently run my fingers over his bare chest, smiling at the same time. Unexpectedly, Kili grabbed my hand and I got scared.

"Are you such a morning bird, princess?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"Not that morning. " I smiled. "It's already after nine. " I guessed.

"Eh..." He sighed. "It's still early. " He added and kissed my forehead. "You've sleep well? "

"Yeah... Like never. " I replied looking at his brown eyes and stole an innocent kiss from him. "Are we...? "

"Not yet. " He replied and joined our lips together again.

I laughed, but kissed him back. However, we were interrupted by the screeching of a raven sitting on the windowsill. I was a bit surprised at this sight.

"Our Company probably wrote back." Kili said and got up to receive the letter from the bird. Brunet didn't have a T-shirt, but he had pants.

"You wrote to... "

"Yes. " He entered my words and winked at me.

"When? " I asked surprised.

"Yesterday. I still had time. " He sat down next to me and started unrolling the letter while I still couldn't believe it.

"What did you write to them? " I asked, moving closer to him and leaning against his torso.

"I wrote about the course of the war and that we're fine. " Replied. He smiled and I reciprocated.

"What did they write? " I asked and cuddled up to brunet.

"Let's see. " Kili put his arm around me, unfolded the letter, and began to read:

"Dear Kili and Malia,

We're very happy to hear that Malia has recovered and that one of the wars has been won. We're glad that you're fine.

Today is your wedding anniversary, so we all send you our best wishes and wish you all the best. And above all, a safe return to home and family. We all look forward to your return so that you can finally take over some of our responsibilities, and we can rest by criticizing you in every way possible. " We laughed at these words, and then Kili read on. "In fact, we miss you very much. Erebor is too empty when you're not here.

As for our Thorin, he's so much better and you don't have to worry, really.

And in connection with the upcoming war for Middle-Earth, we suggest sending you reinforcements. Our entire Company will gladly help you, fight the forces of evil.

Although we know that you're right, Erebor cannot be left alone. He would then become another target of our enemies, and that wouldn't be what we would like to see.

Anyway, please know that we miss you very, very, very, very, very much...

We also love you very, very, very, very, very much...

We're waiting for your letter and see you beloved.

Signed: Thorin Oakenshield, King Under the Mountain, at your service! Fili, at your service! Dwalin, at your service! Bofur, at your service! Bifur, at your service! Bombur, at your service! Ori, at your service! Dori, at your service! Nori, at your service! Oin, at your service! Gloin, at your service! "