Chapter 18

We returned to Rohan. Finally, we had a moment to rest, despite the fact that we knew about the war ahead, about Middle-Earth.

I was now sitting in the room assigned to me and my husband. However, there was no sign of Kili. Probably went somewhere with boys.

With this in mind, I lay down on the bed with the intention of taking a nap when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I was a bit surprised, but I got to my feet and went to the door to open it.

I saw a bouquet of flowers that someone was holding, but I didn't know who, because the flowers were covering his face. However, after a while I figured out who it might be.

Kili revealed his face and smiled at me and I just shook my head in disbelief.

"What's the occasion? " I asked, amused, and took the bouquet from him.

"What do you think? " Brunet kissed my cheek and went inside.

I closed the door and sniffed the flowers. They smelled beautiful.

The fragrance resembled those of the flowers that grew near Erebor.

"I don't know... " I started, but after I figure it out. "Oh no... "

"Oh no? " Kili laughed.

"What day is today? " I asked surprised at which Kili started to laugh even more and after his reaction I knew that it was today. "It's..." I hit my forehead with my hand. "How could I forget... "

Today is our wedding anniversary. Throughout all this confusion, I forgot about the most important day in our life.

Kili came up to me, put the flowers on the table, then he hold my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm sorry..." I said. "I'm so ashamed... Stupid, Lia..."

"Hey... " Brunet brushed my hair behind my ear. "Don't apologize, nothing happened. "

"But... "

"We had too much to do. " Dwarf entered my words.

"Why didn't you remind me? " I looked him in the eyes.

"Because I wanted to surprise you. " He said and kissed me lightly on my lips. "And I can see that the surprise was successful, wasn't it? "

I smiled at him and folded my arms around his neck.

"Yes. " I replied. "It was. "

"But that's not all..." He added with a smile at which I was surprised.

After a while there was another knock on the door. Kili smiled and walked over to them and opened them. Éowyn stood in the doorway with a tray on which stood two plates of food. There was a small candle in the center, and next to it were glasses, wine, and a red rose next to them.

"Thank you. " He turned to the blonde. "You're lovely. "

"You're welcome. " She replied with a smile. "I wish you a pleasant evening. " She added and after a while she disappeared from our sight.

Kili closed the door, looked at me, and wiggled his eyebrows amusingly at which I laughed. He put everything on the table and then he came to me, took my hand and led me to the table. He pulled out a chair so I could sit on it, and then he took a seat in front of me.

"How did you do it all? " I asked incredulously. "When? "

"I have my ways. " He winked at me.

"You'll never stop surprising me. " I smiled.

"You'd be bored. " He replied also smiling.

***

We ate our dinner with relish and finally had a chance to chat as we used to. We laughed, remembered the old days. I missed our conversations. Due to the recent events, we didn't have much time for ourselves, but it's good that we could spend this evening together at least. Alone.

Suddenly brunet got up from the table, came to me and held out his hand.

"Come on. " He said.

"What if not? " I raised one eyebrow.

"I'll make you. "

I shook my head and took his hand a moment later.

"We'll dance. "Dwarf said confidently, and I wanted refused. However, Kili didn't give up.

"We don't have music. " I insisted, at which brunet just laughed and after a while he began to sing something.

But it wasn't singing worthy of any award.

"We got music now. "He laughed and continued singing.

"Okay, okay, you can shut up now. " I laughed, but he didn't stop anyway. "Hush..." I said, amused and covered his mouth with my hand.

"Make me. " Dwarf smiled what I returned and after a while I kissed him to finally shut up.

Later he didn't sing anymore. He put his hands on my waist, and I cuddled up to him, leaning my head on his chest, and we slowly began to dance. We didn't say anything for a long time, but enjoyed our presence.

"Do you know how much I love you? " Brunet suddenly asked what I looked in his eyes.

"How much? " I smiled slightly.

"How... Like from here to Erebor and back. "

"Just like that? " I laughed and Kili joined me.

"My love for you can't just be measured. " He said, looking into my eyes. "It's too big for that. " I smiled at these words.

"My love for you is even greater. " I said and stole an innocent Kiss from brunet.

After a while, Kili touched my cheek with his hand and placed another kiss on my lips, which of course I returned. His kisses started to get more and more passionate, and I reciprocated them and every next one.

It's not known when we found ourselves on the bed and got carried away by our love. At that moment, nothing and no one else mattered but my husband.