Chapter 46: LUCKY

----------------------

Axel was still asleep so I decided to see Maddy. She's my best friend and I can't talk or have fun with Adora right now since I don't want her or Damon to know that I am here with Axel. I got dressed and ready but before I left I saw a box and a note on the vanity. I opened the note to see,"if I could, I would kiss away all your scars." A smile appeared on my face after reading his note. I opened the box and there was a gold chain with a snake on it. I blushed a little then I made sure to wear it.

Before leaving I took a paper and a pen and I wrote him a note

Before leaving I took a paper and a pen and I wrote him a note. I left the note on the table so that he can see it once he wakes up.

I smiled seeing him sleep at least peacefully. I heard that he barely sleeps and when he does its only for a few hours.

--------------------------
N.Q POV: (Sofia)

1 year ago....
THE NIGHT OF THE SERPENT

“You really beat the shit out of him,” Axel whispered and I knew he was talking about how I made Grayson bleed. I was about to respond but then I remembered that no one has ever heard my voice. At least not as Nightmare Queen.

His hands touched my hair and his eyes lit up. “I didn't expect you to be a girl..not that its a bad thing of course,” he added.

This is it. I got him right where I wanted him. I pulled up my dagger to his neck. He smiled like a fucking psycho. “You should know that you're turning me on love. A dagger...Are you trying to flirt with me,” he whispered.

Crazy was definitely one word to call him. “I'd like to hear your voice,” he said. “It doesn't matter if you want to keep the mask on.. Just let me hear your voice. ”

“Why,” I blurted out. Fuck, fuck, fuck.. A smile appeared on his face. Shit, I wasn't going to speak yet it just came out.

“Since I already heard you speak why not continue.” I wasn't going to have a conversation with him.  That's not why I lured him here. “What, No absolutely not.”

“Look its just us and of course the serpents are out there looking for you,” he grinned. His gray eyes stared at me and I moved the dagger just a bit from his neck.

“You're a mystery aren't you. I like mysteries and I can't seem to solve you but I like that. I like that you are one step ahead of me. A girl that took the power without a man and if you did have one then he'd allow you to lead while he followed behind,” he said while passing his hand through my hair.

I moved the dagger back to his neck and he smirked,“do it.” I pulled it away and I walked off. “Another time,” is what I told myself. I want to kill him. When I do then I'll make everyone fear me and I'll have the power. I already had it but why not have more. I really didn't plan on killing him because he was never a concern to me until he started going after the sane men that I want to kill. I obviously reached to them first but still, I decided to not have him trying to get to them so hence I want him dead. He is getting in my way. The power that I'll have after killing him would just be a bonus.