•Chapter 23 - Mine (Smut)•

Trembling with anxiety and butterflies fluttering about in his stomach, Dylan stares across his shoulder nervously as he waves pathetically to Max and Laura on the train with his wrist, his hand still being held possessively by a dead silent and determined Ryan who does not bother to take another look in Max's direction as he drags him away. They wave back worriedly with frowns, Max more worried about whether or not he has made Dylan's situation worse.

"Seriously, what is up with him?" Laura questions in concern as she watches Ryan lead Dylan out of the door.

"I have no clue, he seemed so pissed though, like he was ready to just explode at any second." Max replies chewing on his nails as his heart quickens in regret.

"I'll call him later, that was seriously weird." Laura assures lost in thought, biting the inside of her cheek.

As Dylan stumbles over his own feet due to Ryan's speedy pace, he winces from the pressure of his arm being tugged as he struggles to keep up.

"Ryan, please! Can you just slow down a sec?!" He begs pained with annoyance as he tries to pull his hand away, though Ryan's grip will not allow it. He earns no response though Ryan listens, biting down on his lip harshly as he starts to take shorter steps. "Thank you! Geez!" He scoffs in response trying to catch his breath earning an irritated sigh.

"Which way is the house?" Ryan mutters skimming across the streets on either side of the road as he is still new to the area.

"Uh, take a right." Dylan replies quietly as he stares at the ground with heavy breathing.

"Let's go." Ryan commands as he rushes into a jog across the street causing Dylan to trip over himself once more, much to his agitation; his sweaty hand nearly slipping out of his grasp.

As they near their street, Dylan panting in exhaustion at this point, Ryan musters up his remaining strength to push through the final hurdle, dragging him eagerly. His feet sore, arm strained and back aching, Dylan finds himself light headed from the unexpected exercise he is not used to. His eyes light up as he spots his house nearing, taking a deep breath before pushing his weight onto his toes and catching up to Ryan's side with a wince.

Rushing towards the front door with heavy short breaths, Ryan shoves it open and pulls him inside, quickly kicking off his shoes as Dylan follows, stepping on the back of his shoe to slip his foot out. He averts his gaze to a purring Schrödinger approaching them slowly, a soft smile creeping up on his parted lips, swiping droplets of sweat from his forehead.

"Is that you, boys?!" Angela calls as she hurries out of the kitchen with her bag and keys in hand.

"H-hey, mom." Dylan greets breathily with his arm against his chest as he tries to calm himself, Ryan quickly releasing his hand clearing his throat awkwardly.

"You guys look like you ran a marathon!" She exclaims in shock as she examines their red cheeks and rapidly rising chests.

"We, uh- we had a race! Dumb idea." Dylan blurts with a nervous chuckle feeling Ryan's stare on him once more.

"I see, well be sure to drink some water and rest for a bit, I'm gonna head out to the store with Sarah to pick up some things before it closes for the night!" She informs in amusement as she turns towards the stairs. "Sarah! Are you ready, sweetie?!" She calls as she slips past the boys and heads towards the door.

"Coming!" She responds padding down the stairs in a hurry clutching her jacket with her arm. She stares at Ryan and Dylan's state in confusion as she passes.

"We'll be back soon, see you boys!" Angela announces as she shuts the door leaving the two untrained sprinters staring at each other beside the staircase.