•Chapter 11 - The Arrival•

September twenty-first. The day has officially arrived and the boys are getting ready for Kaitlyn's arrival. Ignoring the pit welling in his stomach is difficult for Ryan but he tries to remind himself that everyone will be on edge and over-analytical tonight. He is mostly nervous about the fact that the curse may not actually be broken since there was no actual way to tell unless they went there themselves. He tries to convince himself that Laura ended it in front of his eyes that night but the screams and cries of the witch remained long after. There is no way she is going to leave those woods and he knows it.

Trying to shake the thoughts, he watches Dylan as he buttons up a pretty baby pink shirt with small swirl designs at the collar and the hems. He smiles fondly as he notices him trying to pat down each little wrinkle he sees, most likely also lost in thought about the night ahead. He seems so innocent and determined as if the wrinkles in his shirt are the biggest problem he is facing and all Ryan wants to do is wrap his arms around him and hold him.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Dylan asks cheekily as he eyes him staring behind him from the mirror. Ryan jumps and shakes his head with a snicker. "Well, go on, what's up?" He persists chuckling as he turns to face him giving his shirt one last pat down.

"Just looking at you is all." He insists with his arms raised in surrender.

"I don't believe you, mister daydreamer. What's going on in that little brain?" He probes as he takes a few steps closer to hold his wrist comfortingly.

"Just kinda worried for later. I hate how unpredictable it is, you know?" He reveals with a deep sighs he wraps his arm around Dylan's waist and pulls him closer.

"Yeah, I feel that. It's super creepy not knowing what's out there waiting for us. We got each other though and we're wiser now, I guess?" He replies through an unsure smile in hopes to cheer him up.

"Yeah. Promise me you'll let me know if anything feels off, okay?" He pleads with worry in his tone as he holds him tighter.

"I promise." He accepts sincerely pressing a kiss to his forehead.

It isn't long before Kaitlyn is pulling up outside and the boys are rushing to get their shoes on whilst she berates them about being on time through text. In a panic, they check if they have everything and practically sprint out of the room. Offering quick hugs and goodbyes to Sarah and Dylan's mom, they wish them well as they hurry out of the house.

"We better not be late because of you dimwits!" Kaitlyn warns harshly as he she pulls off and practically slams on the peddle.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't find my shoe anywhere!" Dylan cries to which Ryan tries to contain his laughter.

"No excuses!" She scolds with a scoff.

"What, did you want me to leave with one foot bare?!" He retorts in disbelief as he eyes Ryan to back him up who simply releases his laughter. "Unbelievable." He mutters shaking his head as he falls back into the seat.

"Anyways, ground rules?" Kaitlyn questions as she looks at them through the mirror.

"As if we have the choice." Dylan sighs in defeat.

"Good answer." She smirks before raising her brows. "Okay, so; if you see anything fucking weird or you see someone has been gone for more than like ten minutes, you tell someone. Try not to go off alone, we don't wanna separate. Basically, have fun, let loose, but stay weary." She instructs with a commanding tone as the boys listen. "We clear?" She asks eyeing them quickly.

"All clear." Ryan mutters as he gazes outside the window as Kaitlyn sighs and rolls her eyes.

"I just wanna make sure we're safe, okay? We can't risk anything happening again." She explains softening her tone.