•Chapter 15 - Keep Moving•

A mutual feeling of dread lingers between the three as Max cautiously opens the doors to the lounge, scrunching his face nervously not wanting to make any sound. Kaitlyn and Abigail follow in suit keeping close together as they scan the now pitch black lounge for any signs of movement. As they slip passed the doors they are met with a sudden slam from behind which startles them, almost causing Max to scream out as he bites down on his wrist to contain his fear. Kaitlyn shoves his arm anxiously and darts her eyes around the room.

"They're in danger. Someone's here. They're outside. You will all pay. You should have never returned." The voice returns hissing into their ears eerily close for comfort as they tense up.

"Let's keep moving." Kaitlyn advises as she creeps into the lead, gesturing for them to follow as they slip between tables and chairs carefully.

A glistening object reflecting the moonlight shining through the windows captures Max's eye and he approaches it with gentle steps. A steak knife. A smirk plastering his lips, he picks up the potential weapon for self defence, clutching the handle tightly as he shows the other two earning understanding nods.

As they reach the back door, they peek through the glass scoping ahead. Kaitlyn points, tapping on the glass frantically as she spots Dylan down the trail beside the lake. They open the door quicker this time, shimmying through before running down the steps.

Following the path they near Dylan who seems to be tied up to a fishing sign. He spots them from his position, eyes widening in a mixture of disbelief and gratitude as they hurry towards him. Before they reach the end of the path he shakes his head suddenly, alerting them to stop. They halt in their tracks kicking up dirt with their shoes as they examine the area with worry.

Just across from Dylan is Ryan and Emma, now awake and tied to wooden benches with duct tape across their mouths. They seem dazed which worries Max as he stares at them closely. A little further towards the forest are the two men in black suits who previously captured them, Abigail pointing to them with her other hand across her mouth in fear.

Holding the steak knife up to show Dylan, Max begins to creep towards their unaware capturers. Kaitlyn and Abigail hurry to Dylan, tugging at the knotted rope around his wrists which seems to be tied in a rush.

"Kill them both. They work with that wretched family. End them. Avenge my boy. Destroy them. Do it. Kill." The voice shrieks commanding him in anticipation, growing louder and quicker as Max nears them. He stares at the knife with determination before taking a deep breath as he approaches the man on the right.

After freeing Dylan, the three hurry towards Ryan and Emma, desperately ripping off the duct tape and reaching for their ropes. It wasn't long before they were free and Dylan practically dives onto Ryan, embracing him in a tight hug to which he returns with a squeeze around his waist and sigh of relief, feeling tears drop onto his shoulder. Abigail pulls Emma to her feet to which she also offers a relieved and thankful hug.

"I'm gonna head to Max quickly, wait here." Kaitlyn informs worriedly as she jogs off into his direction, spotting him getting close the capturer.

Reaching the man, Max slams his eyes shut before leaping towards him, ramming the knife into his shoulder blade earning a screech of pain and a heavy backhand to his stomach out of reflex. He groans and flies to the ground, an eruption of dirt engulfing him. Kaitlyn screams in terror as she sprints towards Max on the ground, grabbing his arm desperately to pull him to his feet with a strained grunt as the other man storms towards them. They run as fast as they can, dirt flying though the air as they stomp back towards the lake. Max clutches his stomach feeling sheer pain as he breathes sharply, growing dizzier by the second.

"Alex! Get that fucking knife out of you and let's fucking catch those sons of fucking bitches!" He screams in frustration cursing him as he sprints in their direction. Alexander reaches behind him, wincing as he tugs on the knife lodged into the back of his shoulder. With a rough pull, the knife is removed in an instant and drops to the ground before blood begins to pour from the wound, soaking his back in a patchy red mess. His vision grows cloudy as he attempts to catch up, though unsuccessful as he falls limp to the ground with a giant thump, unconscious and bleeding out.

Max and Kaitlyn warn the others to move, hurrying into the lounge and through the front door. They reach the road one by one, scanning the area for any form of refuge.

"Where the fuck do we go?! They still have Nick and Jacob!" Abigail cries in worry as her head darts around in a frenzy.

"Look, we can come back! For now, we gotta move! Anywhere but here!" Kaitlyn yells anxiously in response, pointing down the road and gesturing for everyone to follow.

"Fuck! This is so fucking fucked!" Ryan curses as he clutches onto Dylan's hand tightly and runs ahead dragging him along.

"I am so sorry, guys." Emma cries out of breath as guilt eats away at her like a predator to its prey.

"Don't blame yourself, Emma. It's not your fault, come on." Abigail reassures trying to stay calm as she pats her arm to comfort her, soon following the others.

Literally running in the middle of nowhere, the group feels their situation growing dire. Not a single helpful thing in sight and the faint whispers of the haunting voice are all that can heard.

"Th-the police station can't be far, only a few miles." Max informs hopefully as he turns to the others behind him.

"That's probably our best bet but who knows how long it will take on foot." Dylan dreads as he looks to Ryan for reassurance.

"However long it takes, it's better than nothing. We just gotta pray nothing happens to Jacob and Nick." Ryan expresses earning hums of agreement.

"It just doesn't make sense, why would they want to capture us so desperately?" Emma cries in confusion holding her head in her hands.

"I don't know but be on your toes at all times, we don't know what that hag is capable of. She's watching our every move, I just know it." Ryan warns in response as he looks around nervously.

So she watches, amongst the trees. Her lingering eyes following the trespassers of her son's woods.