•Chapter 4 - Reunion•

Stepping along the jagged path towards the front door of Ryan's house is seemingly more challenging than Dylan can imagine, having Kaitlyn practically drag him across it by his arm. All he wanted to to do was see Ryan again and now that it is finally about to happen, he is unable control his anxiety and he can't gather why.

"Bud, you'll be fine." Kaitlyn insists as she takes a deep breath giving him a comforting pat on the back. "Ready?" she asks hesitantly as they reach the front door.

"No turning back, everything will be fine. It's just my dumb head." He assures to which Kaitlyn nods proudly in response as she lifts her fisted hand to knock.

Dylan attempts to swallow the lump in his throat but he knows it isn't going away anytime soon. He wishes he had some kind of magic wand to turn him into this super confident social butterfly of sorts. They peer through the tinted glass before the pounding of feet can be heard approaching in a hurry. Dylan grabs onto Kaitlyn's wrist, taking a deep breath as the door clicks and the handle is being pulled downwards.

"Well, well, well..." Ryan greets with a devilish smirk as he peeks from behind the door before scooting back to open it wide.

There he is. The one he crushed on all Summer. The one who kissed him as a dare when he had a choice not to. The one who cut his hand off to save him from a cursed infection. The one who he never got to talk to after that awful night. It is all about to change and Dylan can't quite fathom it.

"If it isn't Mr. Sexy Loner!" Kaitlyn practically squeals as she leaps at him to engulf him in a tight hug to which he stands awkwardly holding his arms out in response, not sure what to do with them as he looks Dylan in the eyes with an uncomfortable smile.

Dylan feels his cheeks burning up as it seems like Ryan is staring deep into his soul and he almost can't look anymore before Kaitlyn finally releases him.

"Good to see you too, I guess." He chuckles rolling his eyes as Kaitlyn pats his head like a puppy.

"You are just too cute." She coos like a mother to her baby pinching his cheek as she giggles teasingly.

"H-hey, man." Dylan mutters, holding his handless wrist tightly as he stares at the ground.

"That's it?!" Ryan questions dramatically in fake shock. "All you got for me is 'hey'?" He frowns before taking a step closer. Dylan's cheeks flare up even more as he struggles to control himself, his jelly legs about to crumble.

"Don't mind him, he's been non-stop thinking about yo-"

"Shut up, Kaitlyn!" He cuts her off swiftly, shoving her in the arm as Ryan snickers at his embarrassed state.

"Well, I've been thinking about you too, so you'd better get your asses inside, or else." He threatens with a playful chuckle as he turns towards the staircase.

"Or else what?" Kaitlyn retorts with a smirk.

"Oh, you'll see alright." He warns as he turns once more with a cheeky wink.

"Oh, fuuuck me~" Dylan whispers to himself in defeat as he cannot control his racing heart.

Kaitlyn nudges him as they head inside. He gives her a light slap on the shoulder with a childish groan.

"Way to go, Dylan." He cries in his head.

As they make their way upstairs they are met with who they assume is Sarah. She looks slightly older than she does in her profile picture and her resemblance to Ryan is uncanny.

"Hey, Sarah!" Kaitlyn smiles whilst Dylan offers a small awkward wave.

"Hi, guys! I'm glad you made it here safely!" She greets with a friendly smile as she steps aside to let them pass. "Just don't be too noisy please, I'm trying to study!" She pleads as she heads into her room.