•Chapter 9 - Moving In, Moving On•

As Dylan and his mom approach their home he cannot help but miss Ryan already. They shared a few more long hugs in his bed before his mother arrived to pick him up, but Dylan still craved more.

"So how was your time at Ryan's? Bet you guys had a lot of fun, it's been forever since you went to a sleepover!" His mother asks wholeheartedly, genuinely interested as she watches him gaze out of the car window.

"It was fun, I had a good time." He replies with sadness laced in his tone as he cannot look her in the eyes.

"Dylan?" She questions with worry.

"Mhm?" He responds shakily as he rubs his hand in his thigh growing anxious.

"Everything alright? Nothing bad happened, right?" She persists as she places a hand at the back of his head to comfort him.

"No, nothing like that. It's just..." He pauses with a nervous sigh.

"What, Dylan? You can tell me." She insists as she sits up to listen.

"Can I ask you something? Don't freak out though." He pleads seriously as he finally turns to look at her. She gulps before nodding swiftly, worry in her misty eyes.

"Would it be so crazy if I asked if Ryan and his sister could come and live with us? Their mother isn't around and I'm not sure about their dad so..." He questions hesitantly before taking a deep breath.

"Dylan..." She begins.

"Oh no." He sighs waving her off as he stares at his feet in disappointment.

"No wait, Dylan." She proceeds to which his head snaps up with furrowed brows. "I think that's an amazing idea. I'd hate for Ryan to have all the pressure of being a guardian, especially when you guys go back to school." She explains with a warm smile causing Dylan's eyes to light up in wonder.

"Oh my god, seriously?! I have to tell Ryan!" He exclaims excitedly as they pull up to the house, practically jumping out of the car and yelling a 'thank you' to his mother as he dashes inside and up to his room.

She giggles at his enthusiasm glad that her son has a seemingly great friend. It filled her heart with warmth to see him so happy.

Ryan <3

Me: OH MY GOD BABE DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE?

Ryan <3: Babe?

Me: SHHHHH. ANYWAYS DO YOU?

Ryan <3: Yeah, I'm just in my room.

Me: CAN I CALL YOU??

Ryan <3: Hmmm...

Me: WHATEVER I'M GONNA CALL

Ryan <3: Fine. One sec.

Dylans presses the phone to his ear bouncing excitedly around his room as he awaits Ryan's answer.

"Hello?" Ryan picks up with a slightly anxious tone as he has no idea what Dylan is so excited about.

"Oh my god, oh my god." He yells causing Ryan to flinch and move his phone away with an uncomfortable expression at how loud his voice was in his ear.

"What?" He asks growing impatient with a sigh.

"I asked my mother about the whole moving in thing and she said it sounds like a good idea!" He informs excitedly, his voice shaking from jumping around like some monkey on a sugar rush.