•Chapter 12 - Party Crashers•

As the sun begins to set, the seven sit at their table joking and laughing, sharing their experiences and catching up on their lives since the night of the full moon. To Dylan, it almost feels surreal to see everyone back together being so cheerful like they were during the Summer. He peeks at Ryan who is sitting next to him through the corners of his eyes, watching how he sits contently listening to everyone's stories. He smiles warmly but averts his gaze, noticing his hands resting upon his lap shaking rather violently. He feels his heart almost sink to his stomach as he reaches for his them swiftly, holding them tightly causing him to jump in surprise. Ryan turns to look at him and offers a smile of gratitude whilst Dylan winks reassuringly in return.

"Are you alright?" He whispers stroking his palm tenderly.

"Yeah, just a little uneasy." He admits with a shaky sigh.

"Yeah, me too. Lemme know if you need a breather." He insists to which Ryan nods in confirmation.

"Alright, alright! We're here to party right? How many of you crazy animals wants to get wild?!" Jacob shouts in excitement as he jumps up from his seat bouncing on his feet.

"And how do you suppose you will get "wild", sir?" An older voice with a slight accent replies out of the blue startling him as he jumps in surprise and falls back into his seat.

The teens' heads snap to the direction of the voice, only to be met with a man who seems to be in his forties dressed in a black suit with a red tie; arms covered in an array of silver jewellery and neatly styled hair greying at the ends. They stare at him in awe.

"H-hello, sir." Jacob greets nervously as he swallows a lump in his throat.

"Greetings. How are we doing on this fine evening?" He replies politely with a toothy smile that causes his eyes to squint and face to wrinkle.

"We're doing good, sir! We're just having a little get together; a reunion you could say." Emma informs confidently smiling back. Dylan holds tighter onto Ryan's hand who notices and places his other on top to comfort him back.

"You're the camp counsellors of Hackett's Quarry, aren't you?" He asks still grinning causing everyone to stare wide eyed in surprise.

"That we are, sir! It's nice to meet you!" Emma replies kindly as she rests her chin in the palm of her hand.

"Emma?!" Kaitlyn mutters in annoyance as she senses her being too open with the stranger. Emma waves her off rolling her eyes to which she scoffs.

"Ah, may I ask why you returned to North Kill on this fine evening?" He persists, slowly adjusting his tie as his smile falls ever so slightly, beginning to circle the table with delayed steps.

"Well, we just thought we'd meet up at the place we had an amazing Summer together!" She explains cheerfully as she watches his movements.

Abigail gulps nervously and Nick notices, resting a hand on her thigh in hopes to comfort her. She flinches but offers a small smile of gratitude as he gives her a confident nod of reassurance.

"Hmm... And are you aware that the full moon wanes tonight?" He proceeds, his expression switching in an instance as he presses his lips togetger in a thin line startling Emma as she stares at him in surprise.

"Uh, y-yeah! Of course, we know! I just thought it would be like a celebratory thing for us if that makes sense?" She blurts out in a hurry growing anxious.

"Of course." He agrees with another grin before stopping in his tracks behind Abigail's seat. She gazes up at him shaking, her bottom lip quivering. "Though you never should have returned." He warns monotonously, gripping onto her chair with both hands firmly.