Grandparents are here!

NORAH

" Norah, they're here! They're here!"

Amy burst through my doors, pulling the curtain open.

"Hmm, who's here?" I asked, barely awake.

"Your grandparents!" She proclaimed excitedly.

I quickly jumped out of bed and told Amy to get me ready. She opened the wardrobe and took out a dress for me.

"This one will be perfect, my lady," Amy said, holding out a dress with a cunning smile.

"Yes, it is. Hurry, and let's put it on."

VICTORIA  (Norah's grandmother)

I watched out the window of our carriage as we passed through the forest. I couldn't help but be giddy with excitement. Not only has it been a while since we last traveled on this path, but we're also finally going to see our granddaughter again.

"Honey, is your excitement spilling over as much as mine right now? It will be our first time seeing her in 14 years, and to make things more exhilarating, she was the one to reach out to us first."

I had a smile plastered on my face the whole ride.

"It was unexpected to get the letter from her, but I'm very excited as well," he said, looking up from his newspaper at me.

"Dear, we've arrived," he told me, folding up his newspaper as the carriage pulled around to the front door.

Vincent exited the carriage first and held his hand out so I could come down safely. The estate doors swung open, and Romona ran out and hugged me. I hugged her back as the rest of the family came out.

Me: "Where is Norah?"

Lenard: "Why are you asking about her?"

Me: "Because I want to see my granddaughter."

Ramona: "But I'm right here, Grandma."

I let go of Romona and walked past her to my son.

Me: "I demand to see Norah right this instant."

Before a movement could be made, Norah's sweet and soft voice had spoken.

Norah: "Grandma, I'm right here."

I ran towards her and gave her a big hug with a smile.

Me: "My lovely grandchild, why did you have your poor grandparents waiting so long?"

Norah: "I'm so sorry, Grandma. I had to travel from the back building to the main one, and that takes some time."

Vincent: "Why are you traveling from the back building?"

The whole mansion fell into silence. I let go of Norah and took a better look at her clothes.

Me: " Why are you wearing this dress? It's from 5 seasons ago, and it's torn."

I turned to look at Ramona.

Me: " And Ramona, why are you wearing the dress I sent for Norah a month ago?"