Resurrection

NORAH

The sounds of a crowd cursing and Ryan yelling resonated in my mind. The sharp sound of the blade of the guillotine slicing through the air and then detaching my head off of my body sent a surge of hot blood throughout me. I was so startled I sprung myself out of my sleep, gasping for air and clutching my neck. Heavily panting out of a panic with cold sweat rolling off my face, I tried to calm myself down. When my breathing returned to normal, I looked around to see I was in a bed. But more specifically, my old bed in the Count's Mansion.

"What the hell is going on?"

I questioned myself, getting out of bed.

    "Why am I in my old room at the Count's Mansion?" I asked out loud.

While wandering my room, I spotted a mirror and rushed to it. When I looked into the mirror, I saw a younger me with bandages around my head.

    "This can't be right..." I said, lightly touching my head where the bandages stood.

"The last time I had bandages on my head was when Raymond pushed me into the wall, and I hit my head so hard that I started bleeding... but that was when I was 17."

And then the realization struck.

"Wait... don't tell me- ... Did I go back?".

I raced to my night table, took out my journal, and flew through the pages to the last entry. "It worked!!".  Tears of joy streamed as I leaped up and down. I went back in time to when I was 17. Regressing at this age is the best thing to have ever happened to me. I'll finally be able to get my revenge and my life back. But suddenly, my door opened, and a maid walked in.

"Please forgive me for coming in without permission, Lady Norah, but I have been knocking on the door for 2 minutes now, and you didn't answer, so I got a bit worried."

I jumped on Amy, hugging her tightly.

"I'm sorry to have you waiting so long, Amy."

Amy was my one and only maid and friend in this mansion. I trusted her with all my heart. She was the only one to care for me, even though we were the same age. In the past, she unfortunately got sentenced to death because of Ramona's claim that Amy stole from her. A servant stealing from a noble is only punishable by death according to imperial law. But things are different this time around, and I would rather kill someone before they could harm her again.

She pulled the service cart from outside and brought it to where a little table by the window stood. She started unloading the cart with light meals such as porridge, soup, and toast for breakfast since I was healing from an injury. I sat down at the table, picking up the butter knife.

"Amy, Get me my stationery. I need to send out two letters." I spoke to her, spreading jam on my toast with the butter knife.

She went over to the study table and brought me what I asked for. While eating, I wrote a letter to my grandparents (the former count and countess of St. Elise) and one to an acquaintance who lives on the outskirts of our territory.

"Amy, send these out without anyone's knowledge and let the stable boy get Rogue saddled up for me."

I stretched the letters out in her direction. She took them from me, placing them in her skirt pocket. She bowed and said, "You can count on me, my lady."

Amy gathered up what I was eating and packed them up on a service cart, leaving the room. I dressed and went to the stables to pick up my horse, Rogue. 

*Rogue is a black stallion that once belonged to my grandmother. She entrusted him to me before leaving the earldom (earl and count are the same title). In the past, I neglected him, and he died while serving with me in the war.*