11~ PROFESSOR BROOKE

Brooke had been informed by Madam Pomfrey that Harry had fainted on the train, which had been infested by dementors

Brooke had been informed by Madam Pomfrey that Harry had fainted on the train, which had been infested by dementors. She had also been informed by Ginny, who was present during the incident, about a 'mystery man' who conjured a flame torch in his hands told the dementors that Sirius Black was not hiding inside their robes, so it would've been best for hem to leave. The dementors, however, did not budge, until they had to be sent away by him. Harry had fainted due to the fact that the dementors had fed on a part of his soul.

Brooke followed Madam Pomfrey frantically to McGonagall's office, to see Harry. She entered to find Harry's face turning red as she immediately enveloped him in a hug.

"I'm fine Bree," Harry began, only to be interrupted by McGonagall clearing her throat.

"I mean, Professor Brooke," Harry said as Brooke thought that it had a nice ring to it.

"I don't need anything-" Harry started, but this time, Madam Pomfrey interrupted him.

"Oh, it's you, is it?" Pomfrey said and kneel closer to him to examine his facial features.

"I suppose you've been doing something dangerous again," Pomfrey stated.

"It was a dementor, Poppy," McGonagall informed.

"Setting a dementor around school? Yes, he won't be the first one who collapses. Yes, he's all clammy. Terrible things, they are, and the effect they have on people who are already delicate-"

"I'm not delicate!" said Harry crossly as Brooke shot him a stern look to tell him to mind his tone.

"Of course, you're not," said Madam Pomfrey as Brooke took his pulse.

"What does he need? Bed Rest? Should he perhaps spend tonight in the hospital wing?" said McGonagall.

"I'm fine!" said Harry, jumping up.

"Well, he should have some chocolate, at the very least," said Madam Pomfrey, who was now trying to peer into Harry's eyes.

"I've already had some," exclaimed Harry. "Professor Lupin gave me some. He gave it to all of us."

"Did he now? So we've finally got a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher who knows his remedies," Madam Pomfrey said approvingly as Brooke's eyes widened.

"Wait, Professor Lupin, did you say? As in Remus Lupin?" Brooke finally spoke up for the first time in weeks, not realizing where she is, and her unclearly pronounced words, were still interpretable.

"Ah, finally. Is your throat better? That's wonderful," Madam Pomfrey exclaimed.

"It's okay, Poppy. Brooke needs her share of rest before her classes. Besides, the signing up procedure for her classes hasn't even begun yet," McGonagall exclaimed, sending Brooke a look as if telling her to have a strong backup for her cover story.

"That didn't answer my question," Brooke stated, as a roller coaster of emotions rushed through her veins. Out of all of James' friends, Remus had always been her favorite, and she couldn't help but be excited to see him. But at the same time, Remus had never written back to her, so she was nervous as well. Perhaps he was pissed at her that she hadn't been able to protect the werewolf's two best friends from the world? Or he probably didn't even remember her.

All the distress that was developing in Brooke's subconscious for Charlie Weasley was overshadowed by the fact that she was about to find herself face to face with her brother's best friend again.

"Miss Potter, I understand your situation. But I need you to know that it's for the best," McGonagall stated, concern visible on her face and laced in her voice.

"How do you know him Bre... I mean, Professor?" Harry asked.

"Friend of a friend," Brooke said.

McGonagall turned back to Harry and spoke up, "Are you sure you feel alright, Potter?"

"Yes," said Harry.

"Very Well. Kindly wait outside while I have a quick word with Miss Granger about her timetable, then we can go down to the feast together."