08~ VEELA

Brooke woke up as the sun shone through the blinds drawn on the window of her room

Brooke woke up as the sun shone through the blinds drawn on the window of her room. Brooke rubbed her eyes as she slipped out of Charlie's grip and checked the watch on her nightstand. Brooke's eyes widened as she frantically slipped off the bed and shook Charlie. 

Charlie slowly opened his eyes as Brooke frantically ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth carefully, as brushing while keeping the mandrake leaf in her mouth was a time-consuming process. 

The two of them had got carried away in the surreal tension surrounding them and ended up oversleeping. Brooke slapped Charlie's toned chest repeatedly in order to get him to wake up. 

"Good morning love," Charlie said in his raspy morning voice. Under normal circumstances, this would've made Brooke weak in the knees. But it was 9.30 a.m. and they were running late. 

"Well, you were quite keen on your throat condition, that you suppressed all the sounds that were threatening to leave your mouth last night, weren't you?" Charlie joked as Brooke rolled her eyes. Never have sex with a fucking mandrake leaf in your mouth. Brooke made a note to herself and threw Charlie's clothes on him, along with his watch. 

Charlie had a look at his watch and his eyes widened. "Shit, Shit, Shit!" Charlie cursed and frantically got up. The couple ran all around the room, tidying themselves. They hopped into the shower and started muttering spells at each other, hiding the marks that were supposed to stay hidden, if they did not wish for their siblings, or nephew, to find out what was the reason behind their oversleeping. Brooke stood under the shower head as Charlie poured the shampoo on her sandy blonde locks of hair. 

Charlie helped her clean herself up as she winced slightly when the soap slipped along her scars. The same scars she had received the night Voldemort almost killed her. The same night she lost her brother and sister-in-law. The same night Harry became an orphan. And the same night Harry had been separated from her and sent to live in the hellhole known as Number four, Privet Drive.

Brooke had always been insecure about those scars. But Charlie didn't mind them at all. In fact, he preferred worshipping them. 

Charlie noticed Brooke being lost in her thoughts and driving her fingers along her scars. Charlie looked up at Brooke and placed a kiss on her shoulder, the place where her biggest scar was. Then he moved on to her collar bone, onto the next scar. This continued for a few minutes as Brooke giggled at his actions. 

That was when she realized that they were still running late and shook Charlie, so as to tell him that they were still late. Charlie regained his composure and Brooke helped him clean himself up, and poured shampoo into his fiery red hair, which had turned to a shade of auburn due to the water droplets falling onto them. 

Once they were done, they quickly dressed themselves up and rushed out of the room to find Hermione, Harry, and the Weasleys already boarding the cars. 

"There you are, Charlie. I was beginning to think that you two had started shagging again," Bill yelled, receiving a slap on the back of his head from Ginny. Brooke thanked her lucky stars for the fact that whatever Bill said was out of Harry, Molly, and Arthur's earshot.

"What do you mean by again?" Charlie asked.

"Well, let's just say that I got to hear sounds that I shouldn't have heard last night. As disgusting as it sounds, and as disgusted I am to say this, Bree was actually quiet. You, on the other hand, need to work on yours-" before Bill could complete his sentence, he was hit on the face by a flying toast sent his way by Brooke, while Charlie turned to the color of his hair out of embarrassment. 

The four of them then hopped into the last car to leave and proceeded to King's Cross, as Ginny spoke up, "Where's your trunk, Bree? Aren't you taking the train ride?"

"No Ginny, Bree would be apparating to Hogwarts. She's coming to drop you lot off right now," Charlie exclaimed, placing a quick kiss on Bree's temple. 

"Aww, it's like watching my bloody siblings make out every now and then," Bill exclaimed with a fake sob.

"Well, you're one of those guys who would fall for a veela, faster than anyone ever falls for Ginny!" Charlie said, causing Brooke to slap his arm.

"Am I supposed to be offended?" Asked Ginny, glaring at Charlie. 

"And I'd rather get scratched in the face by a werewolf," interjected Bill.

As the word 'werewolf' left Bill's mouth, Brooke was immediately reminded of Remus. Brooke had sent a letter to Remus after every full moon. And it was like a routine for her, as she had never failed to do it ever since she had started living with the Weasleys at the age of nine. Last night was a full moon, and Brooke had been too preoccupied the previous night to write to the marauder.   

Brooke had made a mental note for herself to write to Remus as soon as she arrived at Hogwarts and decided to listen to Charlie and Ginny ramble about the most random stuff they could find.