Peruvian Vipertooth

Dumbledore arrived at the Burrow a few minutes later, informing McGonagall that Harry was safe and the Dursleys had taken him into the house.

McGonagall told Dumbledore that Brooke was asleep while Molly was catering to the blonde's injuries and Hagrid had left to alert the students at Hogwarts about this news.

The morning sun had started appearing on the horizon when Mr. Weasley returned home with a confused yet excited Bill, who had been told that there was a new family member at the Burrow.

The second Bill stepped afoot into the burrow, the dragon-loving Weasley practically came flying down the stairs to greet his elder brother.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Charlie asked his elder brother as Bill hugged him.

"Dad told us that we'll be having a new person living here at the Burrow with us. I'm just here to greet them." Bill replied.

Charlie, who was completely oblivious to the affairs of the previous night shot a confused glance at his brother, as Dumbledore spoke up.

"Voldemort is dead."

"WHAT?!" this caused the eldest sons of the household to squeal with joy.

"How? When? Are we all safe now?" Bill exclaimed frantically and Dumbledore explained the whole ordeal to them.

"So the most dangerous wizard of all time? Killed by a baby? Wow!" Bill squealed as he did a happy dance with Charlie.

Charlie was celebrating with his brother, but stopped abruptly.

Ever since the day he had laid his eyes on James Potter's younger sister, he hadn't spent a day when he didn't think of the blonde-haired girl. He had been counting days, quite literally, as to when would he have the chance to see her at Hogwarts. And one of the thoughts that troubled him was that what if the Potters had decided to send her to another wizarding school? Or what if she didn't possess magical powers?

His mind was now driven back to Brooke. He felt a pang in his chest. Where was she? What if she hadn't been able to survive? Charlie shook those thoughts away and spoke up. "And where is Brooke Potter? James' sister? Did she survive?"

Everyone turned to look at Charlie and McGonagall and Dumbledore smiled at him and Arthur spoke up. "Follow me."

Bill and Charlie exchanged glances as Arthur led the group to Bill's bedroom.

Charlie was the first to enter the bedroom and his eyes widened at the sight in front of him. It was her. The girl of his dreams, lying there, asleep as Mrs. Weasley was tending to her injuries.

McGonagall spoke up. "Brooke Euphemia Potter. The girl who fought. She is no ordinary witch. It takes a lot of magical phenomena to survive being thrown across the room violently and surviving on getting hit by the Cruciatus curse while one is unconscious, at such a tender age. But it was her bravery and her gift of hand-to-hand combat which helped her stand up for the people she loved."

Molly's eyes were brimmed with tears as her heart ached for the girl she had been tending to. She had faced too much for her age and was shaken to the core.

Dumbledore sighed and continued. "Lily Potter left certain memories of that incident, with us. And the Potters possessed a pensive in their basement."

Charlie stared at the girl as his legs, subconsciously, carried him to the side of the bed she was laying on, and his brother did the same.

Charlie felt his heart crumble as he noticed the bloodstains on Brooke's clothes, around her nose, her lips, and the deep scars on her arms and partially exposed legs.