7th Year

1st August 1990

"Congratulations on being selected as the Head Girl, Bree! Arthur and I are so proud." Molly squealed in excitement as Brooke was stunned due to the initial shock of having a crimson-colored 'HG' badge slide into the palm of her hand, whilst she was going through her mail.

"Am I d-dreaming?" Brooke managed to speak up.

Fred, who was sitting beside Brooke on the kitchen table, took the opportunity to pinch Brooke's forearm, as she let out a brief squeal.

"What in the name of Salazar's bald head was that for, Freddie?" Brooke deadpanned as George chuckled and free exclaimed, "Well, now you know that it wasn't a dream." Fred answered nonchalantly as Molly shot him a glare.

Bill sneakily approached Brooke from behind, picked her up, and spun her around as Brooke squealed again.

"Congratulations, Potter. I knew that there wouldn't be a better head girl than you in all of Hogwarts." Brooke shot Bill a thankful look, still processing the entire incident. Bill turned to the twins "Also, George, Fred, I won the bet! You owe me 2 galleons each."

Saying so, Bill did a happy dance while the twins groaned.

"So, you guys made a bet on me being the head girl?" Brooke interjected and Bill nodded frantically, still dancing.

"We just thought that you wouldn't because it's the boring people who land up in the position of a head girl or a head boy," George said and received another glare from Molly.

"HEY, I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE," Bill shouted as the twins sniggered.

"Well, guess you were wrong, Gred and Forge," Brooke stated, laughing. The twins always seemed to calm her nerves down without even trying.

"GRED AND FORGE?" The twins exclaimed in unison. "WICKED!"

"What did I miss?" The raspy morning voice of Charlie Weasley was heard as Molly, Bill and the twins turned to the dragon lover.

"Say hello to the new Headgirl, Charles," Bill said in a sing-song voice and motioned towards Brooke.

"WHAT?!" Charlie exclaimed as Fred handed him Brooke's letter and George showed him the badge.

Charlie examined the letter thoroughly and gazed at the badge. There was a long silence.

After a few seconds of silence, Charlie shoved the letter and the badge back into the twins' hands. He held Brooke by her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. Molly gasped at the sight in front of her, Fred and George made fake gagging sounds, and Bill smirked and continued with his happy dance. Percy, who had just entered the scene along with Ron and Ginny, closed his eyes after a single glance at them, covering Ginny's and Ron's eyes too, while Ginny tried to take a peek at the scene through the spaces between Percy's fingers. Arthur, who had just entered through the door after his overnight shift at the Ministry, stopped dead in his tracks and dropped all of his belongings.

But the couple was oblivious to all the commotion that was going on around them. They were just swaying in each other's arms, their lips clinging to each other as their figures looked as if they had melted into one.

After a few seconds, the couple pulled away, only to make a note of the commotion around them. Molly's eyes and mouth were wide open, Fred and George were still gagging, Arthur stood transfixed to his place with surprise, Bill was now joined by Ginny as they were clapping at the couple, and Percy and Ron looked the other way, with their eyes tight shut.

"CHARLES WEASLEY!" Molly's amused voice rang through the kitchen as the couple turned to her.

"Are you both together, or something?" Arthur questioned, once he was snapped back to reality.