09~ SHAGGING AND SECRETS

As soon as Brooke hopped out of the car, she was approached by Harry

As soon as Brooke hopped out of the car, she was approached by Harry. He gave her a quick hug and Brooke kept an arm around him. The aunt and nephew then ran in through the Barrier, followed by Bill, Ginny, and Charlie. 

Molly was frantic as they were running late and the train was about to move. That was when Arthur pulled Harry to the side, as they had a few things to discuss. 

Brooke turned to the rest of the Weasleys and said her goodbyes to them. 

"See you at Hogwarts, Bree!" The twins yelled in unison.

"She's going to see us in a few hours for Merlin's sake, hold your horses," Percy exclaimed as Fred and George looked at him.

"Not if you've been assigned your own castle in the Hogwarts castle, Humongous Bighead," Fred stated, receiving a glare from Molly, as George leaned dreamily on Fred's shoulder, looking at Beatrice.

"Anyways, I need to find Penelope. See you in a few hours, Bree," said Percy and left.

The final whistle of the train blew as Brooke pulled Harry away from Arthur and ushered him into the train.

The Weasleys and Brooke waved at the group of students and Charlie snaked an arm around Brooke's shoulder. Brooke turned to look at her boyfriend and sent him a lopsided smile.

As Molly and Arthur informed the three of them that they needed to head back to the Leaky Cauldron, Charlie spoke up.

"Mum, Dad, Bill, you can go ahead. I need to show something to Bree. Mind if we see you in a few minutes?" Charlie stated and Molly nodded.

"Don't start shagging in dark alleyways-" "WILLIAM WEASLEY!" Bill was violently interrupted by Molly as Brooke and Charlie chucked at the scene and apparated.

Brooke and Charlie appeared at an isolated sunset point.

"Give me a second Bree," Charlie said and pulled a cloth out of his pocket to blindfold her. 

Brooke groaned at Charlie's actions as Charlie quickly went down on a knee and told her to remove the blindfold. 

Brooke did so, and on regaining her vision, her eyes widened. They were so wide that they almost popped out of their sockets.

"Brooke Euphemia Potter. The girl of my dreams. The girl I have completely fallen in love with. I know that you don't believe in marriage. And I know why. But here's the thing, A new species of Dragons has been discovered in England. And they're talking about establishing a sanctuary here as well." Charlie began and Brooke nodded, encouraging him to continue as she liked where this was going.

"So once I'm back here, would you like to move in with me?" Charlie stated.

Brooke didn't waste another second and quickly helped him up and crashed her lips onto his.

"Does that answer your question?" Brooke whispered to him once they parted as Charlie held her waist and spun her around.

Charlie buried his head into Brooke's neck, hugging her affectionately, as she felt a pang in her chest. She had to tell him the truth. She had no other choice. It wasn't fair to him. She couldn't have entered a new segment of commitment with a lie hidden between her teeth.

Brooke pushed Charlie away gently, gazing into his hazel eyes. 

"I know that look, Bree. Is there anything you want to tell me?" Charlie asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Brooke nodded and opened her mouth to reveal the gleaming bright green mandrake leaf placed firmly between her jaws.

Charlie's eyes widened at the sight. The girl he loved was standing right in front of him, telling him that she had taken up the dangerous decision of turning into an Animagus. And the fact that the ministry knew nothing about it was something that made matters worse.

"I knew that the throat infection excuse is just a pile of bullcrap," Charlie exclaimed, backing away from Brooke, as she lowered her gaze and stared at her shoes.

As tears threatened to leave Brooke's eyes, Charlie looked away and turned in the other direction. I deserved it, Brooke thought to herself and approached Charlie.

She gently hugged him and laid her cheek on his back. Charlie, however, did not seem to reciprocate the hug.

"I overhead you and Bill talking," Charlie said, as it was Brooke's turn to widen her eyes. She looked up at the back of his head and unwrapped her arms from around him as he turned to her.

"Moreover, there's only so much you could hide from me while I and the mandrake leaf are both inside you," Charlie said. "I just had to make you confess, somehow."

Had the circumstances been normal, Brooke would've chuckled at it. But this was serious. Brooke's expression changed swiftly, as she looked up, her soft demeanor changing into a furious one. Did he really just say what I thought he said? Brooke thought and backed away, just like Charlie had done a few seconds ago.

"The whole move in thing was a lie?" Brooke whispered, suppressing a sob. Charlie didn't answer.

Brooke knew that she was at fault for hiding stuff from him. But did she really deserve the fake proposal?

Brooke scoffed and shot a last glance at Charlie, ignoring Charlie calling after her and apparating back to the Leaky Cauldron.