3. Redemption

Once the aunt and nephew were done shopping, Brooke and Harry traveled back to Privet Drive.

"Okay, so Harry, you've got 10 minutes to pack all your stuff before we leave," Brooke told Harry.

"Leave? What? Where are we going?" Harry questioned.

"Somewhere better than this hellhole you're living in. Duh." Brooke stated nonchalantly.

Harry was elated. For 11 years now, he had been living in that wrecked house with his pathetic excuse for a family. And he was now having an opportunity to live with the only loved one who was still alive. The only person who qualified as his family.

Harry rushed into his house and ran up to Dudley's old bedroom, which was the room he was told to live in after the letters started arriving. Petunia tried to shout at him but as soon as Brooke entered the house, following Harry, she was immediately stopped.

"You can't take him anywhere. There's a reason he has been staying with our family. He needs us more than you can imagine and we have already done so much for him," Petunia said, trying to sound as if she was the victim.

"Please, I have seen what you have done for him. You've been abusive to him, didn't feed him properly and Dudley and his friends have bullied him ever since they started with their schooling. When was the last time you ever smiled at Harry and hugged him with affection?" Brooke asked and Vernon and Petunia turned red with embarrassment.

"Actually let me bend that question a little, when was the last time you even looked at him with concern?" Brooke questioned. Petunia and Vernon could only lower their heads in response.

"You had another chance to redeem yourself for Lily, Petunia. There aren't many people who get a second chance to rectify their mistakes. And you blew away all your chances." Brooke started with gritted teeth.

"Hell, even I deserve the worst for letting Dumbledore leave him here with the both of you. But I do have my chance at redemption and I'm going to keep Harry with me." Brooke completed and turned to Vernon.

"I'm going to bring Harry every year during summers for a week until he turns 17, to replenish the blood protection. And you better treat him well or believe me, you wouldn't want to know what would happen if Harry gets anything as much as a scratch." Brooke told Vernon in a firm tone and he nodded sheepishly.

Harry descended the staircase and Brooke lifted his duffel bag on her shoulders.

"Are you ready, Harry?" Brooke asked.

Harry took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm ready, Bree."

Brooke held out her hand for Harry and he held it gently, as they walked out of the house. None of them turned to look back at the scowling Dursleys as they walked away from that house, to enter a world where they have always belonged to.

A/N- Sorry, short chapter, just wanted to dedicate this special chapter to Harry's exit from that certain toxic household in Privet Drive.