2. Diagon Alley

"Welcome to Diagon Alley, Harry!" Brooke spoke up with a smile as her nephew looked up at her, still overwhelmed from all the interaction he had to go through.

Brooke turned to find Harry caught up in his own thoughts. She knelt down in front of her nephew and turned his face towards him.

"Look at me, Harry," Brooke stated softly as the boy turned to her.

"I know that this is a lot for you to process, but this is where you really belong Harry. You belong here. And you're destined to stay with your aunt now. Yeah?" Brooke looked into Harry's eyes as the boy smiled and nodded at her.

"And, here's your Birthday present!" Brooke stated cheerfully and motioned towards Hagrid, who was approaching the duo with a covered cage in his hands.

Hagrid handed over the cage to Harry, who slowly removed the cover from his cage as Brooke took a polaroid of the scene.

The covers were unveiled, and Harry found himself to be staring at a Snow Owl in awe.

"Well, telephones aren't really a thing here at Hogwarts, so we communicate through Owls. So, say hello to your new friend, Hedwig." Brooke exclaimed and ruffled Hary's hair, as he shot her a smile.

A few minutes later, the aunt and nephew were standing in front of James and Lily's vault, as the riches that lay inside of it glimmered in the dimly lit path. Harry's jaw practically touched the floor as he gawked at the sight in front of him. Mountains of Galleons, Knuts, and Sickles lay in large heaps, as they had been untouched ever since James and Lily's death.

Hagrid was busy attending to his 'Hogwarts Business' as Brooke explained stuff about the vaults to him and about how anyone who tries to open the vaults apart from the Goblins, gets sucked into the vaults.

"Well, Father was a renowned potioneer back in the day, and he invented the Sleekeazy's Hair Potion. I and James have inherited his riches." Brooke stated and pointed to her vault, which was located right across from James and Lily's. She walked up to her vault and handed her key to the Goblin, who opened the vault. Almost the same amount of riches was scattered carefully inside of it, along with the monthly savings that she had been depositing from her earnings.

Every time her eyes fell on the pile of her saved earnings, she was driven back to the time when she was constantly told by the 16-year-old Remus that James wanted to be an Auror, and Lily wanted to be a potioneer, just like Fleamont. They had also been planning on using their respective vaults for keeping their savings, along with the inherited money. 

Thinking about what James and Lily could've done if they were alive, always seemed to cause Brooke's eyes to heat up. If there was someone who deserved to live a happy life, it was James and Lily.

Brooke was driven back to reality by the sound of the Goblin clearing his throat. "Well Harry, these are yours now, you can withdraw anytime from either of these vaults."

"WHAT? I can't take anything from your vault, Bree. That is your money-" Harry began.

"-And I am your family, Harry. I hereby grant you equal rights as myself on the vault I own." Brooke completed, not giving Harry a chance to retort.

Once they were done with the vault business at Gringotts, Brooke and Harry met up with Hagrid as they walked up to Madam Malkin's robe shop. Harry stepped into the shop and Brooke told him that she'd be at the potions shop nearby, as she had to pick out a few ingredients for the medicines required by her at St. Mungos.

"Hello there, Talbott, Jae." Brooke greeted her two friends with a smile, as she stepped into the potions shop.

Talbott almost jumped at Brooke's voice and Jae ran up to her and threw her arms around her.