36 ; d-day

song of the chapter :
Mist
Ateez
↻◁ II ▷ ↺

song of the chapter :MistAteez↻◁ II ▷ ↺

--15th October, 4:00 p.m.

Heeseung was on the sofa, watching television. He suddenly feel off about something. He can't stay still in the same position. He keep changing posture while feeling anxious about the thing he dont even know.

Suddenly, his bell rang. He opened the door after reaching the gate's remote control.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" the boys shouted. They're Hyunjin, Jihoon, Beomgyu, Sunoo and Yerin standing in front of the gate while holding a box of cake and some gifts for him.

Heeseung frowned. He then took out his phone and look at the date.
"15th October... It's- my birthday."

He finally noticed his father's message.
"Happy birthday my one and only son. Wishing you a splendid day. I'm sorry that I can't be there with you on your special day. I promise to celebrate again when the time let me be free. Love you."

"Why do you look so strange? You must be forgotten your birthday again, right? Yes mate today is your birthday." Hyunjin said while patting on Heeseung's shoulder.

"Typical Lee Heeseung." Jihoon shook his head.

Heeseung just laughed while scratching his head.

"Here. This is for you! Happy birthday!" Beomgyu wished while handing out the cake's box.

"Thank you boys. I wasn't expect this at all."

"Happy birthday Heeseung." Yerin softy wished with a sweet smile while handing him a bag of present.

"Thank you." He smiled awkwardly.

"Let get in." Heeseung invited and they obeyed.

"I'll set up the beverages." Yerin offered while taking the bags of drinks, foods and snack to the kitchen after she get Heeseung's permission.

While the others are blowing the balloons, setting up the tables and chair, Gyuri suddenly came out from Heeseung's room. She barked causing them to notice her.

"Heyy puppy.." Sunoo and Hyunjin went closer to her with full of awe.
"Heeseung since when did you own a puppy?"

"It's been... a long time since I adopted her." Heeseung answered.

"I'm today years old..." Hyunjin said.

Hyunjin then saw Gyuri's necklace. It shows Gyuri's name.
"Gyuri... What a beautiful name."

Seeing Gyuri make Heeseung suddenly think of Haesoo. His smile faded when he realise she isn't there with him on his birthday. She don't even sent him a birthday wish through call or message.
Heeseung switched on his phone with the expectation of seeing Haesoo's text but he wasn't meet his expectation.

"It's my birthday.. Does she forget?" He mumbles.

"Come on everyone! Everything is ready!!" Jihoon called and they immediately go to the table including Heeseung, the birthday boy.

"1, 2, 3"
"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you...."

While everyone singing, Heeseung didn't have the curve of smile on his face. He was thinking about Haesoo. He really hope that Haesoo will come or at least text him. It breaks his heart everytime Haesoo crossed his mind. He told himself to keep waiting.

"Happy birthday to Heeseung,
Happy birthday to you!!"
They clap their hands happily after finishing the song.

Heeseung smiled and clap too so he wont make them offended.
"Thank you guys." He thanked, his voice was slow.

Jihoon gave Heeseung the knife to cut the cake. Again, they clap happily when Heeseung has done cutting the cake for them.

In the good mood, Beomgyu suddenly mouthed,
"Ah yes.. We forgot something."

"What?" Jihoon asked.

Beomgyu smirked,
"Where's your girlfriend, Heeseung? Shouldn't she be here on your birthday?"

"Oh my god yes... Where is she? She should be here for more fun!"
"Oh no... I forgot that she only a fake girlfriend..." Jihoon said and they laughed.

"Stop... It's not funny." Sunoo said.

"This guy is so strict. Shut your mouth." Beomgyu answered after clicking his tounge.

"Ah also.. today is the last day right? It's already two months for the bet!" Beomgyu added.

"The new pc is now yours!!" Jihoon said happily and clap his hands, all along with Beomgyu.

Hyunjin just shaking his head while looking at Heeseung.

"Hey why don't you say anything? Aren't you happy?" Yerin said with smirk.

Heeseung looked at her sharply without saying anything.

"You can break up with her now, as you wish earlier. And you'll get the pc by tomorrow!" Beomgyu mouthed and Heeseung just nodded.

"Why don't you say anything??! Don't tell me that... You fell in love with her...." Jihoon said.

"It's-"

"No I don't. How many times do I have to tell you? I don't like her. I- I'm happy that today is the end of the bet." Heeseung cut Hyunjin off.

Hyunjin widened his eyes while looking at Heeseung. He silently hit Heeseung's back but the guy stay silent.

"She don't deserve to be your girlfriend anyway, Heeseung. Look. I don't even see her shadow here. Isn't she the one who liked you first? Tcch How fast people change." Beomgyu said.

"She is indeed deserves to be a toy. A stupid toy." Yerin added with laughter.

"Is she right or yes?" Jihoon asked Heeseung.

"yeah" Heeseung answered and they nodded satisfyingly.

"Stop stop you guys are so mean."
"Heeseung, this is for you." Sunoo cut them off while giving Heeseung a box of present.

"Oh yeaaa I also have somethung for you but it is in the car."
"Heeseung, follow me. I want you to take it by yourself." Jihoon commanded while pulling Heeseung hand so he will follow him.

"I'm so happy that today is the last day for your the bet. It feels like years to reach the end right? You can now get rid of Haesoo." Jihoon said.

Heeseung smiled,
"Yeah.. Can't wait for the pc to be- mine."

By the time Jihoon opened the door, both of their eyes opened widely and slowly dropped their jaw.

"H-Haesoo.."

______________

[ HELLAUURR HSHS i'm so sorry for taking years to update. the time wasn't been on my side 😭. and fyi i deleted the old version of this chapter like the whooole chapter and i write a new one so yeah dhshahshs. and don't worry i will post another chapter by tomorrow or the next day. i know you wont say this chapter is great because i also do 😭 this one is too short but ik the best for my lovely readers 😚
AND YES THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.15K READS!! YALL ARE INSANE 😭 i feel so bad for betraying you like this djsjskdkskskdk. thank you for still waiting for me if you do wait. anyway, happy reading and have a good day!!! stay tuned for the next chapter ^^]