I run through hallways and hallways, until I have no idea where I am in the school.

I find a classroom that's dark and is unoccupied.

I craw under a desk and lean my back on one of the legs of the table.

Casper.

Casper.

Casper.

Casper.

No it can't be. No. I don't believe this. No. It's not happening. No.

I pull my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around them.

This isn't happening. It just can't be.

I don't hear the door open and don't feel that a body has come next me. I just instantly put head on the person shoulder.

Mint.

Tomas.

His smell relaxes me, it makes me forget the events that had just occurred. He makes me feel relaxed.

"Mia? Are you okay?" He asks softly.

"Yeah," sniff "I'm okay."

"Are you sure? You don't sound okay." He continues.

"I know I know. It's just Casper. Like how could he do that." I choke a bit on his name.

I feel Tomas tense up under my head.

"Mia can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love Casper?" He asks.

It takes me back. He knows that I don't love Casper, I love him. Casper is more of a best friend kind of guy, not an-I-love-you-kind-of-person.

"No I don't love him Tomas." I slowly answer, lifting my head off his shoulder.

"Really? Because you act like you love him or something." He says desperately.

"Tomas listen to me." I turn his head so his face his facing me.

"I love you. Okay? That won't change." I promise him.

His faces relaxes and it doesn't feel tense again. He gives me a peck on the cheek and smiles.

His smile looks good on him. He should wear it more often.

I lean on to Tomas, as we sit next to each other silently. All the sound we can hear is the intakes of out breaths and the exhales. My classes slip through, and I just don't even care anymore. Heck, I just had a mental breakdown, I am not going to class.

I hear the bell ring.

8:05.

Time for Language Arts, which I'm not going to. But I don't want to skip class.

"Tomas." I nudge him.

"What? Is something wrong?" He replies.

"No. But what about class?" I say.

"Just forget about it. Here, how bout we go out and eat." He offers.

I think about it. "Sure. Sounds nice."

He stands up first and offers me a hand and I gratefully take it.

When we get out of the classroom, the hallways are completely clear, and not another student is in sight.

Tomas puts his arm around my shoulders and leans on to me a bit.

We walk straight out of the school building and walk over to his motorcycle. He hands me a helmet and I slip it on.

I get on to the bike and hold on to his waist while I lean my head on his back. I let the wind blow in my hair and I close my eyes, letting the air blow on me.

It's comforting.

I don't want to leave my position but too soon Tomas is shaking me to wake up, so I grudgingly do.

Tomas takes my hand and we walk in to IHOP. Mmmhhh pancakes...

I order and is does Tomas. Pancakes with blueberries.

After what seemed forever we got out food. While I was cutting my pancakes a piece of wiped cream flicked on to Tomas's nose. He noticed it, and started to flick some on to me.

Everything seemed to going in slow motion, it was like a picture playing the story.

Stop that picture.

You see that I'm happy, Tomas is happy, we are enjoying life. I just wanted to stay in that picture.

Forever.

Because all great things are bound to end one day or another.

All rights reserved © 2016 Anne Chen