Chapter Thirty Five

I wake up in the morning to find myself in an unknown room, and in a unknown bed with a stranger.

Never mind, the stranger is Cole.

What happened last night? And why do I have such a bad headache?

Cole's arm is around my waist and I lift up the blanket a little bit and I find no t-shirt in site.

What happened last night?

I slowly lift the blanket up above us completely and a wave of relief rolls over me.

I've got a my clothes on and Cole's wearing his shorts.

I slowly move out of Cole's grasp and the bed to retrieve my phone, which lies on the ground.

Cole stirs but then he falls straight back to sleep.

I switch my phone on to find many text messages, missed calls and voice mails.

And most of them are from Tomas.

I open one of the texts and boy does he sound angry in it.

My heart drops when I came across a certain text.

I trusted you. I loved you. I thought you wouldn't be like this. I had trusted you. Now my heart is shattered, it's not longer there for you.

That was the last text I got from him. It was a break up text.

He broke up with me.

Over a damn text.

No. This can't be possible.

What did I do wrong?

What happened between us?

Why is he so upset?

Tagged with his text was a picture.

All least I know why he's mad.

It was a picture of me and Cole kissing on Twitter.

What had happened last night? Why and I with Cole? And then I remember the pounding headache.

I probably drank too much. This is bad.

Tomas got it all wrong. He thinks I did it with Cole. He thinks I cheated on him. But he knows how much I love him, he knows how much I had fought for this relationship. And now he's just letting it slip though his finger tips.

I quickly run out of the house, past all of the drunken asleep kids laying on the floor.

Crap. Didn't I come with Gabby?

Where is she?

Is she still here?

Is she drunk?

Or did she leave without me?

"Mia what happened? Where were you?" A familiar voice behind me.

I quickly whip around to see Gabby.

"OMG Gab, everything is ruined. Tomas and I. And he thinks I did it with Cole." I say releasing my tears and embracing her with a big hug.

Gabby pulls me in to a hug, saying everything will be alright.

But I know I messed up really bad.

I know that he won't forgive me.

I know that this time sorry won't fix this.

Because this time his trust for me is gone.

++++++

Tomas' POV

I wake up in the middle of the night sweating.

I run one of my hands through my hair, bad dream. And what was my dream about?

Mia.

Ever since I sent her those text messages my brain has been playing and playing memories of her. Nonstop.

It hurts and I know I might of been to hard on her.

Like it was just a picture.

I walk into my kitchen to grab a cup of water.

The nights peaceful, the moon is shining brightly through the windows, and all the animals are asleep.

I finish the glass of water and walk through my room and on to the balcony.

I sit on the edge and rest my chin on the railing.

The cool air blows on my bare chest and ruffles my hair.

I sway my legs off the balcony and I continue to sway at the rhythm of my fingers tapping on the railing.

I look up to the sky to see stars sitting the endless space. I see the stars aligned together. And it all reminds me of Mia.

I miss Mia so much, it hurts but I know I can't do anything else. I can't fix what I have done, what I have caused her to feel. Because it's all up to her to try to fix what I have done.

The tip of the sun starts to rise above the Earth's horizon and I check the time on my phone.

6:32 AM

I didn't realize I was out here for such a long time. I can't believe I sat here for hours just thinking about her. About her smile, about our memories, about the way she talks to me.

Now I know she's upset with me, I want her to come back and tell me that I have got it all wrong, that we were meant to be together. That we were perfect for each other. I wish she would tell me that I have made the biggest mistake in the whole world, and that there is something to fight for. But all I get is nothing. Not a single text, phone call or email. Nothing.

I set my phone down and it some how starts beeping. I look down to see Mia has texted me.

It's like she knew what I was thinking.

I quickly opened it and my heart shattered.

I guess we weren't meant for each other, I guess that we weren't perfect, I guess that means there are other people in this world that will make us happier. I've enjoyed the memories but I guess now it's time to move forward.

This text makes me angry, frustrated and upset at the same time.

Why could of she said something about how we were perfect for each other or say that we had something to fight for.

But I guess not.

I'm being so selfish. I want her to say something about us.

I sigh and put down my phone on the ground of the balcony.

Everything is messed up because of me. If I hadn't worried about Mia, I wouldn't of seen that picture and I wouldn't of sent those text messages. We wouldn't of broken up and I wouldn't of been broken inside.

And I wouldn't of had this regretful feeling inside of me.

All rights reserved © 2016 Anne Chen