Chapter Seventeen

The doorbell rings at five sharp. I'm in my favorite dark skinny jeans, and a teal shirt that has a "Abercrombie & Fitch" logo on it.

I pull open the door to see Tomas leaning on the doorframe. He looks gorgeous like always. I see him holding a basket and a towel.

"You ready to go?" He says questioning me.

"Of course. Oh and where are we going?" The sun has just started to set, giving the sky a beautiful hint of pink and orange combined. Tomas opens the door for me to his car.

"It's a secret. But you'll find out soon enough." He smirks.

Tomas is right. It only takes about ten minutes to reach this "secret location" in his car.

Tomas pulls out the basket and the towel. It only a takes within two minutes of hiking up the hill, before our hands touch. It's probably just an accident. But I'm wrong. He takes my hand, and holds it tight. I squeeze it back.

Tomas and I hike to the top, where you can see the sky once again. It looks amazing up here. I can start to see the stars and the moon appearing in the sky.

Tomas lays the blanket down, and we sit down on it. He pulls out some snacks, and offers me some. I deny it, I'm not hungry. I just want to spend time with him.

Tomas pulls me on his chest, so we're both lying down on the blanket. I'm sprawled over his chest, he has his arms around my waist, and my fingers are entwined with his.

I can hear him sigh a bit in my ear.

"Hey Tomas. Can I ask you something?" I say turning my head a bit to face him.

"Yeah sure."

"When did you start liking me?" Theres a long silence. All I can hear are the birds chirping and the wind blowing the leaves on the trees.

"Uh well... Haha... Um well it was the day you moved right beside me. The way you talked, the way you saw the school, your personality, and how you blended yourself into the school." Tomas chuckles.

"Wow looks like someone was paying close attention to me." I say teasing him a bit.

He rolls onto his side. "Well you are hard to miss. People have to look at you."

"Gee thanks." I laugh.

We're lying right next to each other, looking up to the sky. It's a beautiful night, the stars are twinkling bright, the moon is a perfect crescent. The temperature is perfect, the wind is warm, not needing a sweater. The wind is blowing ever so slightly, and you can hear the forest animals scurrying from one place to another.

"So, how do you like the night? I perfectly chose this exact night." He looks over to me.

"Tomas, it's perfect. Absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, for bringing me out here." I turn to give him a small kiss on the cheek.

"Aww that's all I get? A kiss on the cheek?" He pouts.

I laugh at him.

A give him a quick kiss on the lips, and I laugh at him again.

"Better?" I can't stop myself from laughing.

He groans. "That was like two seconds. No fair." He pouts even more.

"Well don't get your hopes up, there might not be another date." I say teasing him.

"Well if there isn't going to be another date, then I'm going to do this. I don't think you will mind." He says.

"Wait what, what are you goi-"

Tomas pulls me into a big bear hug and my lips touch his. I put my hands in his dark hair, while he puts his hands on my waist and back. His mouth moves passionately against mine. His tongue slips under mine, I can feel his soft hair between my fingers. I can feel his hands traveling up and down my body, making me shiver.

We pull away, both breathless. Tomas takes my face in his hand. He places a small kiss on my cheek.

"So is there another date next weekend?" He smirks.

"Definitely."

And then he pulls me into another kiss.

All rights reserved © 2016 Anne Chen