Chapter Ten

It's Sunday, two days after my horrible date with Luke. Tomas is back to being friendly, and cheerful, and most of all, he talks to me.

Tomas is coming over in five minutes, his parents are not at home, again. FBI work, and all he knows is, that they are in Europe. His grandmother lives with him, so he stays with her. Tomas has been spending a lot of time with me, and not with his girlfriend, Jennifer. Score, me 1, Jennifer 0.

There's a loud knock at my door, and a long howl. I open the door with a big smile on my face, and I see Tomas with Clover. "Hey Tomas, hi Clover!" I say cheerfully. I pet Clover, and wave at Tomas.

"Hey Mia. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, pretty tired." I reply.

"Yeah I can tell. You look like Medusa." He jokes.

I shove him and start to laugh at his joke. Everything is back to normal, until I see a figure waking towards us.

Oh crap. Its Jennifer.

"Yoo hoo! Tomas!" Jennifer says in a girly voice.

She grabs Tomas's arm, and kisses him on the cheek. Ugh.

"Soooo Tomas, do you want to go to the movies?" She purrs.

Tomas shakes off Jennifer's grasp and steps towards me with Clover still in his arms.

"Uh, sorry Jennifer, I can't, I was going stay with Mia today." He said, looking at the ground.

"Well excuse me Tomas. I'm your girlfriend! You haven't been on date with me for five weeks! What has gotten into you?!?" She yells so loudly people on our street can hear her. Tomas doesn't reply. Oh shoot, relationship fight.

"Well Tomas, you owe me a huge explanation." She says, glaring at him. Her hair is messy, and she looks upset. "Well, I was going to-" he's cut off.

My dad drives into the garage, waving at us. "What were you saying Tomas?" She looks annoyed.

"Can we talk privately?" Tomas pleads.

"Yes, how about you walk with me to my house tomorrow after school." Its not a question, its a statement.

"Yeah yeah, good enough." Tomas waves his hand.

"Fine, bye Tomas. Oh and Mia." she scoffs, and walks away.

"So would you like to stay for dinner?" I ask him, still suspicious at his conversation with Jennifer.

"Sounds great! What are we having?" He laughs.

"Wait what? Huh?"

"I'm messing with you, anything sounds good." He grins.

We both enter the house, ready to have dinner. Tomas lets Clover roam our house, while he and I talk.

Is Jennifer and Tomas breaking up? That's all I think about when I look at Tomas, when we're eating.

All rights reserved © 2016 Anne Chen