Chapter Four

It's Monday, school has officially started. The day where hell rules once more.

The doorbell rings, and I see Tomas. He's dressed in dark clothes, his hair is spiked up, his backpack is slung across his chest, and he's wearing a smile on his face. He looks absolutely stunning.

I dressed in plain clothes; jeans and a "Just do it" t-shirt, with white converse shoes. I smile at him, and we walk together towards the school.

It's 6:45 am in the morning, there's frost on the ground and the sky is foggy. We chat about each other's life, what we both like to do, and never talk about his relationship with Jennifer.

When we reach the school, I admire the large building, with all the kids rushing in, not wanting to be tardy. Tomas takes my arm, and pulls me towards the front desk. I quickly say my name, to the plump lady behind the desk. She hands me my schedule, and says "Have a good day, sweetie." I smile and thank her.

Tomas shows me the classes I have. Tomas and I have many classes together. I feel relieved to have my first class together, Calculus. Even though math isn't my favorite subject, I was happy to know, I have it with Tomas.

When we both step into class, I see many eyes following us, when we walk to the desks, in the back of the classroom. "Mr. Jones will be here any minute." Tomas whispers to me. I nod and look forward.

A kid with, brown hair, many freckles, and straight teeth, starts to make his way, towards us. Tomas stands up a does a chest bump with the kid. Does Tomas know this guy? I think. "Hey Mia, this is my bud Mark Bailey." Tomas says cheerfully. Mark extends his hand towards me, and I shake it. "Hi I'm Mia." I say.

Class starts, when the morning bell rings. "Hello class, my name is Mr. Jones, for the students that do not know me. I have taught math for 18 years. This year will be fun, if you follow my class rules..." I zone out. I already know what he's going to say.

All rights reserved © 2016 Anne Chen