Prologue

A/N: The inspiration for this book comes from the combination of The Little Mermaid and Mako Mermaids but with a slight modern twist.

Third Person POV:

Our story begins deep underwater at a magical place called Mermainia. Mermainia is ruled by the powerful King Maximus Brock of The Seven Seas alongside his wife the beautiful Queen Maritza Brock and their handsome son Prince Cole Robert Brock.

It is said that in order for Mermainia to have the right ruler, the king and queen's future son or daughter must be born with ocean blue eyes. If the royal child is born with ocean blue eyes then the child will be blessed with the gift to control water along with the seven seas. If the child isn't born with ocean blue eyes then the king and queen must have another child who is born with them.

So when king Maximus and queen Maritza had prince Cole, the king was happy for their first child to be a boy and was mostly thrilled that the young prince was born with ocean blue eyes.

The young prince lived a very wonderful life. But when the young prince reached the age of thirteen, King Maximus thought it was a good idea to have the young prince follow him along so the young prince could learn all there is to be the future king of Mermainia.

At first, the young prince was thrilled as the years went by, however, the young prince eventually got bored. The only friend the young prince had was a boy named Alex. Alex was the prime minister's son. They both met at the age of fourteen. Now the young prince is seventeen and he is told that he has to find a bride by his eighteenth birthday.