Sam and I hung up the phone. I heard the door bell ring. I heard someone walking up the stairs. It was probably Logan, Jessie’s boyfriend. It wasn’t Logan though. When the door of my bedroom opened, Harry was standing in the doorway.

“Hey,” he said. 

“Hey,” I tried to smile but I probably failed miserably. My face was all red and blotchy and my voice sounded hoarse from crying. He walked towards me and sat down next to me on my bed. When he put his arm around me he asked me “What’s wrong?” I tried to answer but I burst into tears. Harry pulled me against him and rubbed circles over my back with his left hand. He was trying to comfort me, but I wasn’t able to calm down for at least 15 minutes. I pulled myself out of his embrace but I let his arm around my waist. I wiped the tears of my face and took a deep breath. I look at Harry and told him about the bad news we had gotten. Harry gave me a tight hug.

“I know that saying that everything will be alright isn’t going to help, but I know that having friends you can trust will help you. And if your mother is like you, she’ll make it through. It means she’s a strong woman.”

I looked at him. I wanted to believe him, but I wasn’t sure I could.

“But what if she doesn’t make it through this?” I whispered, while I felt tears welling up in my eyes again.

“Don’t think like that, honey. You have to stay positive.” He gently pulled up my chin and looked me straight in the eyes.

When a tear escaped my eyes, he wiped it away carefully.

“As long as you’re not going to eat your feelings away so you’ll get fat, it’ll get alright eventually,” Harry said, in an attempt to make a joke. I laughed, even though I didn’t really feel like laughing now, but he was trying to cheer me up and I appreciated it.

“But what did you came here for?” I asked, suddenly remembering that I hadn’t called or texted Harry about it, as I was planning on doing.

“Oh, yeah, Ed and I wanted to go laser game, and I wondered if you, and maybe Sam, wanted to come with us. I would understand if you don’t want to, but maybe it’s a good way to get your mind of things for a while.”

I thought about it. It was actually a good idea, but I didn’t want to leave my parents alone now. Harry looked at me and asked me what I was thinking about.

“Can I leave my parents? Now, I mean?”

“Maybe it’s better for them too, so they can talk to each other about what they’re going to do. I mean, they probably want some privacy too, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Well, okay then. You convinced me. Wait a minute, so I can call Sam.”

I called Sam and we agreed that she would come to my house. We went to the laser game building in Harry’s car. Ed was waiting for us, near the door. “Hey Harry! Hey girls!”

“Let’s make two groups,” Harry suggested.

“Ow, can I please go with Ed?” Sam said laughing. “Then we’re the redheads”

“Gingerpower!” Laughed Ed.

 “That’s alright, so Sam and Ed are team ginger and Emma and I are team...?” said Harry.

“Team Love” said Sam. I threw her an annoying look, because she knew very well that wasn’t the case.

“We’ll be team blue,” Harry said.

“Why?” I laughed, because I really didn’t get how he came up with that name.

“Because it’s my favourite colour,” Harry mumbled.

“Hey, it’s my favourite colour as well!” I smiled, because I was finding more and more similarities between me and Harry. Together we walked inside. The Redheads needed more gingerpower because Harry and I won most of the time. We took a lot of pictures, so we had memories of the great day. At the end of the day we walked back to Harry’s car. “WE WON!” I shouted.

“Together we can win everything!” Harry said and he hugged me.

“Thank you for the great day.” I said to the others. “I had so much fun.”

“Maybe we can hang out soon again.” Harry said.

“That’s a great idea.” Sam said. Harry brought us home.

“Thanks again for the great day, this was what I needed.” And I hugged him again.

“You don’t need to thank me, that’s what friends for , right.” I waved at him while he drove down the street. I was happy that I had a friend like Harry.