°24• Prom night

Viola

What better way to finish high school than to go to prom. The theme this year is the enchanted forest. You can see green everywhere mixed with flowers with mass-covered floors and vines hanging from the ceiling. You could see glass jars illuminated with candles. It seemed magical. It was perfect.

Funny thing, Hanna and I ended up buying the same prom dress. The only difference was the colour. Mine was teal and hers was blue. Seeing the reactions of the others was priceless. Even Ian and Johnny enjoyed the reaction from the others.

Why should we argue about who would have to buy the dress? We both fell in love with it. She’s my best friend. It is as simple as that.

“That dress drives me crazy,” Ian whispers inside my ear while he stands behind me. “I can’t wait to remove it tonight.”

A shiver travels all the way down my spine from the anticipation of him doing so. I title my head to the side to let Ian kiss me.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you are tonight?” He caresses the side of my face.

I smile at his words. “Only twice now.”

“And I will tell you again and again.” He kisses the top of my head.

I press my head to his chest, hearing his heartbeat. “I love you so much, my prince.”

Ian chuckles as I feel it rumble deep inside of his chest. “The prince and the princess. We should buy a castle to live inside.” He jokes.

A sandcastle flashes inside my head. It was the first time Ian, and I met. He was my prince that day, and he still is today.

I raise my head from his chest to circle my arms around his neck. “Wherever we end up together it will be our castle.”

Ian puts away a strand of my hair. “I love you too, princess. Especially when you say stuff like that.” He leans down, kissing me on my lips.

“Get a room, you two.” Johnny teases.

Ian coughs. “You’re the one to talk.”

Johnny has an arm around Hanna’s shoulders as she kisses his cheek.

I look around and I spot Jake standing beside Fiona while his arm is around her waist. Her minions aren’t far away from her. In a corner not far from them, Eric is irritated for some reason.

I wonder what’s going on with him.

I have an idea, but first I have to ask Ian if he doesn’t mind.

“Ian, would you mind if I go to ask Eric to dance with me for one song. He doesn’t seem to have fun.”

He looks at where Eric is standing. “No, go I don’t mind. Why won’t you ask Hanna to go with you?”

Johnny arches his eyebrows. “What’s that?”

“Do you mind if Viola borrows your girl so the two of them can go and dance with Eric?”

Johnny shakes his head. “I don’t mind at all.”

I take Hanna’s hand. We walk side by side toward Eric, leaving our men behind.

As we stand in front of Eric. He looks at us, wondering what’s going on.

Hanna and I take each of his hands, dragging him to the dance floor. “You are coming with us.”

Eric lets out a chuckle. “Don’t I have something to say about this?”

“Nope,” I answer right away. “You are mopping. Let’s put a smile on that face.”