Part 13: The Sword of Earth

After meeting with the adeptis, they meet up with Childe and Annabella at the Northland bank.

Childe: You've finally returned. How was your journey to Jueyun Karst?

Annabella: Getting to meet and talk to the adeptis is quite an experience. I'm sure it must've been nice.

Y/n: Right... Nice...

Aether: So here is how it went.

Aether shares the group's experience with all the adeptis to the two Fatuuses.

Childe: ...I see. Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper, Cloud Retainer, Conqueror of Demons... Some of these names have never come up in the intel the Fatui gets hold of. As a returning gift, I too have information for you.

Annabella: And by that you mean we, right?

Childe: Hehe... Anyway... Regarding the archon's passing... The Liyue Qixing's response really has given me food for thought... They've announced that, as the true killer has not yet been found, they are not allowing anyone to pay their respects to the Exuvia. They've even gone so far as to try and cut off information... But with the Rite of Descension and all, even the Qixing isn't able to keep a lid on things.

Paimon: Exuvia? It's common knowledge in Liyue that Rex Lapis is also an adeptus.

Saikou: So why exactly is he called Exuvia?

Annabella: That is true. However, he is not just only an adepti.

Childe: The Geo Archon is also the God of Contracts, and is also known as the Exuvia, Prime of the Adepti. The mighty and illuminated adepti of today all signed contracts to protect Liyue back then.

Saikou: Who knew that the power of contracts can shape Liyue into what it is today.

Paimon: Guess that explains why they're all so focused on Liyue's well-being.

Childe: Naturally. They both have the responsibility and the aptitude for the job. If the ruling Qixing became unable to perform their duty properly, the adepti have the right to take corrective action. The Geo Archon's spirit has risen, so why would the Qixing hide his vessel!? Truly suspicious.

Y/n: It really doesn't add up.

Aether: I agree, something is definitely not right.

Paimon: Oh! Right! He's the whole reason we came here! If the Liyue Qixing has locked up Exuvia and won't let anyone near... Then Aether's and Y/n's quest to find The Seven is already over!

Childe: Oh? You're trying to find The Seven? And just why might that be, pray tell?

Aether: No comment.

Y/n: Besides, it has nothing to do with you two.

Childe: Heh... nice answer. A knight that gets duped by the Fatui would really be no knight at all now, would they? But, we can help you with that too you know.

Paimon: Hmm? Really?

Annabella: That's right. We need to ensure that you can place your trust in us.

Childe: Give us some time. Time... to find someone. Someone who can help you break through this stalemate. Truly fascinating. The harder they try to silence the situation, the greater the chaos that erupts... If you want to be around to see it all come crashing down, best you stay alive until we next meet, yes?

After a day has passed by, the group is now at the Northland bank again to find Childe and Annabella. There they meet up with a Fatuus who is the bank staff and ask her where the two of them are currently at. The Fatuus replies that Childe and Annabella have found someone to break the stalemate and are currently at a restaurant called Luli Pavilion.