Chapter 21

It was after two months of battle, that the war was won. The neighbouring Kingdom withdrew with a surrender. Although the King of the state agreed to become a vassal under their Kingdom, the General of the neighbouring kingdom had fled.

His capture was of priority for the threat he not only posed for the throne, but also on Hoseok whom he hated with a mad passion.

The Capital had issued a celebration for the victory, the King extending felicitations and asking both the General and the Prince to come back to the Capital to receive their celebratory ceremonies.

The King had also issued a reward to Hoseok, making him be appointed as the Minister of defence, and the highest official for the military of the Kingdom. At the last day of the celebratory banquet, this title would be bequeathed to him.

Hoseok had asked the rest to go ahead and inform the King that they would be arriving in about two weeks, only taking a group of his men with him and Anya, wanting to take a different route.

"Why?" Anya had asked.

Hoseok had only answered, "I have known about a legend in this part of the Kingdom. I confirmed it earlier. This is important to me Gazelle, truly important to me. Will you support me?"

That being the first time Hoseok had asked something from her, Anya did not have it in her heart to ask for more, when he made it clear to trust him without knowing the details.

It had taken them five days to reach the outskirts of a cliff forest.

There, Hoseok had asked Anya to wait for him to return for at least 6 days, "If possible, I will try to come before. If I am not back by the sixth day, my men will take you back to my estate."

Anya had lost all her composure on hearing that, understanding that what he wanted was most likely dangerous, dangerous enough that he had been leaving instructions. He did not want her to follow.

"At least take someone with you?!" she had screamed to the man who had hugged her and said with a reckless smile, "Then I would have to share the reward. No, this, I want only for me."

"What happened to never leaving me alone? Where are you going Hoseok??"

"Do you know? When you get too emotional or worried, you call my name." he had softly kissed her, then held a point on her neck until she passed out, murmuring an apology.

By the time she woke up, he was gone.

For five days, Anya had tried her best to break away from the little abandoned house she and Hoseok's men had been staying in.

She had spared no efforts, trying her best, using every trick she knew, may it have been crying, screaming, cajoling, fainting. Anything she knew, she had done, just to escape.

She wanted to go after Hoseok at any cost, even though she did not know where he went. She had the plan of asking someone about any legend of this part, then heading out in that direction.

But Ha-Ru, Hoon Chul and five of his other men faithfully kept guard. They never let her take a step out of the house. They staunchly followed the instructions Hoseok had left for them, making sure of keeping her safe.

By that point, Anya had been scared. So scared that her never ending tears had been real. The suffocating anxiety in her chest kept her awake in a state of sleeplessness. For the five days she had imagined the worst, she had not slept, neither did she eat.

Her health had been deteriorating rapidly, her condition suddenly worsening just because of the unknown factor. She did not know where her General was, nor did she know if it was dangerous. If it was, was there a chance he would never come back? In that scenario, had she parted ways with him before she realized that the moment she had spent screaming at him had been their last?