Chapter 14

(READ THIS AFTER SOF CHAPTER 31 AND 32 STARTING FROM CHAPTER 12)

Aaya was escorted with four maids to the house next to hers in the compound of Hoseok's mansion. The maids led her through the house to enter the room where Hoseok stood tall, his long hair tied up carelessly, the long strands giving him a mysterious dignity. Clothed in dark blue robe with black hanbok inside, he looked as intimidating as he appeared elegant.

Once he saw her enter, he immediately dismissed all the maids, walking forward to greet her, "Good evening."

Aaya glanced around the room to find them alone, "Who will serve us?"

"I will." Saying so, the General had her seated, then sat down opposite to her. He took his time opening the dishes placed on the table, selecting the ones he thought were the most appetising and then serving the food on her plate.

"General?"

"May I request something?" Hoseok asked while serving water, his concentration on the task.

"It is improper for a lady to call a man's name." Aaya replied watching him with amused eyes as Hoseok glanced up at her, "That was your request, I believe?" She asked playfully.

Seeing her twinkling eyes, the General paused. Then simply sat back on his seat and kept gazing at her.

"You have no idea how much I love your smile." He whispered quietly.

Aaya had decided in the month that she had stayed here, that she would treat everything with a normalcy that might be false, but would appear to be sincere. Because she had observed, Hoseok tended to clam up if he saw her surprised or even moved.

His emotions always swayed from extreme to extreme for her, greatly touching her to heart stoppingly horrifying her. Not reacting, not showing her true emotions was what would be needed to deal with him.

So now, she simply helped herself to the cold broth noodles, speaking conversationally "Why do you have longing in your voice General? My smiles are not hard to witness."

A low chuckle came from the man, "I live in the fear of dimming them forever Aaya. I truly fear it."

"Why?" Aaya looked at him and shrugged, "I am still sitting across you after what has transpired. Can you do anything more terrifying than that?" she asked lightly, trying to cajole him to lighten up.

But instead, she felt a sliver of unease when Hoseok replied,

"Yes. I can."

Stirring the noodles methodically, Aaya strived to make sure her voice was still the same light tone, "What action can evoke a fear parallel to the past? I am used to your personality General."

"I can choose to stop fighting myself." He replied gravely, "I can give in to my true self Aaya. If I do that, I will lose your smile forever."

Aaya did not reply. She used her chopsticks to stir and the lift the noodles, chewing on it carefully. Hoseok followed her actions to have his meal, both of them not talking for a brief while.

"Why?" she asked a little later.

The glow from the lamps bathed his olive skin with a vitality which burned in his eyes. His inner top loosened, showing his collarbones and a glimpse of his smooth chest. Hoseok focused on her and said,

"My love for you is not as pure as others. The passion of my love for you equals the fervour in my blood to make you mine. The fever in me burns me to have you in my arms, entangled together with your cries ringing in my ears throughout the night. I need to see my marks on you Aaya, I need, I want to physically take you so hard that you will wilt in my embrace."