Chapter 15

"Did you hope to meet him here?"

The whisper carried a dark rage, unparalleled in its intensity. Aaya's heart thudded crazily in her chest, her blood frozen with primal fear with just his voice.

She still, shakily replied, "Were you not informed that I was asked to be here? In your house, I have no means of getting any information from the outside world. So how would I know anything about the prince? As for now, look around us, your men surround us still." She breathed unevenly, "Calm down General. This is just a coincidence."

"Just a coincidence." He echoed her words, the wind echoing the chill she felt. Hoseok leaned over her, closer still, "Is it? Just a coincidence?"

Aaya looked back to make sure the Prince would not discover them, thankful on seeing, that he had left too.

"Your eyes still search for him." Hoseok's coldly said as his fingers gently gripped her chin to turn her face back to him, "While I stand right before you."

"General, please do not be unreasonable-"

"Do you want to meet the person who calls himself your husband?" Hoseok's arms came around her, bringing her closer to him, his hands forceful. He bent down to directly whisper in her ears, "Do you crave to be his lost Princess?"

"General!" Ha-Ru called Hoseok from behind, but his glinting eyes never left Aaya, his hold kept tightening. "General! You are aware of what transpired tonight, all was conveyed to you. You are still under the influence of alcohol, please let My Lady go."

Hoseok lips turned up in a cruel smirk, "You have him worried too Aaya." He lightly told her, then partly turned back to Ha-Ru, "Have my horse brought. The Lady and me shall be departing."

"General please-"

"Do not DARE to speak to me about what I should do with my woman." Hoseok's barely controlled anger burst forth in those quiet words. Aaya looked at Ha-Ru who appeared to be preparing to argue, and gave a shake of her head.

Because no one knew just how angry Hoseok was. His grip on her waist was bruising, his heart thundering. If he was provoked in this state, death would definitely follow.

By then, his horse was brought forth by Hoon Chul, who glanced repeatedly at her, wanting to intervene but somehow held his tongue.

Hoseok wasted no time in hoisting her up on the horse and seated himself behind her. He made sure she fit snugly, his hard thighs bracketing her as he took the reigns. Behind them, Ha-Ru suddenly said, "The Prince is coming out! Quick-"

The rest of his words remained unheard as the General charged ahead the night, leaving the Inn behind in minutes. Aaya sat quietly, oddly distanced from the anger vibrating in the male body behind her. She knew what was to come, but most importantly, she knew what she had to do.

She knew, because she truly did recognise Hoseok's emotion more than he himself did.

"Aaya. . . . ." Hoseok kissed her ears softly, his warm lips lingering, "I don't like that name anymore." Another kiss followed even as he rode ahead, "That is the name of the Princess who died. The name of the bride who is still mourned by the Prince. The Prince you wanted to go back to."

"No. I-"

"Shhhhhh." Hoseok placed his palm on her mouth, gripping her firmly not allowing her to speak. He rubbed the side of his face to hers, "Shhhh." He urged the horse faster, his actions reflecting his furious state of mind while his whisper remained gentle, "You need to be reminded of your Promise gazelle, You need to be reminded that you agreed to be mine. Once mine," his voice turned sinister, "I. Don't. Share."