Chapter 5

"I kill the people I don't trust."

Whatever response Hoseok had thought she would have, was the opposite of what happened.

Aaya laughed, "And the legend of the powerful and ruthless Jung Hoseok hits the target squarely."

Hoseok leaned back a bit, his eyes dimmed, becoming icy. His hold of her hand did not withdraw though, the caressing thumb never once pausing, "Took a long time for you to speak about it."

The pressure of the thumb suddenly increased, a wince of pain jerking her hand, "Were you scared when you found out?" his voice was low.

He wishes me to be . . . Why?

Aaya was a little confounded by Hoseok. He was polite, respectful. Never once during the time spent together did he ever cross any boundary. Nor did he ever even ask for her to reveal her face. Not a single suggestive word nor any action that might make her uncomfortable in his presence.

But curiously, he also made sure that her every sense was filled with only him. Even without actions, his focus made her feel low on air. His silent attention, his piercing eyes, rooted itself deep within her.

And now, he wanted her to fear him.

"I knew as soon as you spoke your name." She answered softly, her voice cajoling him. Without warnings, she knew she was dealing with a dangerous person.

She had known it since the time she saw his eyes in the clearing.

"Yours is a name which pulses in the veins of every person living in this kingdom. As are your tales."

Hoseok lips curved in a cruel smirk. His eyes still icy dead, "With every pulse carrying my name, comes the horror of my tales."

"Are they wrong to fear you?" Aaya unconsciously did not put herself in the reaction which most felt.

Hoseok went still at her question. Then slowly leaned forward.

The distance between them kept decreasing but Aaya held still. She understood it to be a tactic for intimidating her.

The warrior reached till her veil, his lips moving against it, the heat from his bare body from the loose robe scorching her, "You don't?"

"Should I?" she whispered back.

"You think the judgement of society to be wrong?" His voice though soft, had a throbbing vein of taunting mockery hidden in it.

"Maybe they don't understand you. Maybe-"

A chilling laugh came from the General. Goosebumps erupted on her skin as the deep sinister laughter echoed in the small room.

"Aaya . . ." Hoseok chuckled coldly, "They fear me, because they know me." he let go of her palms, to hold her wrists in his hand. The delicate bones in his strong palms felt like twigs just waiting to be snapped. "They fear me . . . because they know what I am capable of. Of what I have done,"

He raised her wrists to his lips and spoke over her soft skin, "And what I can do again."

As if anyone in this Kingdom or the warring provinces could ever overlook the impact of this General or his brutal killings.

Jung Hoseok.

He was a General that would probably be engraved in the pages of history written from the ink of amount of blood he had made flow. His prowess as a master strategist was as established as was his lust to kill.

The son of the Prominent Clan of Jung who had ever only experienced luxury and enjoyed power as the family who had generations involved as ministers or Generals, he had his own network of loyal guards and influence over the residing sector of the kingdom.