Chapter 20

Just like that, four months passed by in utter and complete bliss. During these times, simple royal edicts came for the General to take care of, about small border skirmishes including a few theoretical conspiracies against the King.

Hoseok had glanced at it, then consulted with his network. Finding no big problems, he had delegated it to Ha-Ru and Hoon Chul, who had faithfully carried out his orders, solving the matter in days.

But one day, news came of a section of nomadic tribe attacking the eastern border of the Kingdom. That in itself did not warrant any attention, but the attacks of the eastern tribe was abetted by the neighbouring Kingdom that was looking to use this opportunity to infiltrate the small eastern town rich in trade and agriculture.

The royal edicts for the war had come to Hoseok when the neighbouring Kingdom had come out of the hiding and openly declared war from that front.

Hoseok's presence was a must for the troops to be fighting in the war.

Anya had been worried about it, experiencing anxiety after months of bliss. Hoseok had watched her, amused by the way she fidgeted. He had glanced at Arissa who had been quietly making preparations since the edicts had found their place in the house. It had been Arissa that Hoseok had gone to consult with, ignoring everyone else.

When he could not bear it anymore, he had pulled Anya in his arms and placed his hand over her head, calming her, "You are going with me." He had simply stated.

For a while, Anya remained dumbstruck on hearing a solution about a possibility she hadn't even pondered on. How could her crazily protective Warrior be willing to take her to the War?

Anya had reached out and placed her hand over his forehead, "Are you running a fever?"

Laughing at her adorable confusion, Hoseok had ignored any other presence and placed her on his lap, "You are my precious person, Gazelle. Only I am able to protect you."

That had rubbed her the wrong way.

Anya yearned to be someone who was capable of not only being able to defend herself, but she also wanted to be someone powerful enough who could be able to protect him.

Hoseok had ignored her pout, "A place where I am with you, will always be safer even if it is in the camps of war. Being alone in this protected estate without me, is worse in every way. I will worry for your safety, my attention will be halved and there might be a slight chance for someone to come here."

Anya had glanced at her Nana who was diligently preparing poultice without sparing them a glance, "Why does your reasoning sound a very well crafted one?" she asked in a deadpanned voice.

"The good news is!" her Nana chirped in before Hoseok could honestly reply, "That me and Guk will be coming with you!"

"I am truly at awe how you make going to war sound like a fun trip." Anya levelled her Nana with a gaze. But she gave her a big smile.

Anya had thought giving Hoseok space would have been better but had warred with the voice inside her urging her to follow him. Something in her asking her to never leave him alone. Nana had done the thing which her heart wanted but her mind refused.

The preparations had been made, Hoseok's men surprised at the decision but never did they dare to question him. Anya would be going as his wife, even though they had not married following the mourning period needed after the death of her family when marriage could not take place.

Hoseok did not want to wait for three years, but for Anya, that was the least she could do.

Nana on the other hand, was going as the General's physician.