Bonus Mission 1

"Dang, why am I always misplacing those reels of film?" Abe demanded, looking through the mess in the projector's booth in vain. "Agh, I need more time to look for the thing!"

"Honey?" a voice spoke up. Startled, Abe turned to see his wife standing in the doorway, holding a film reel. "I couldn't help but overhear your struggles," she confessed. "If you want, you could put on one of my fan works to serve as a distraction?" Abe thought it over for a moment, then smiled.

"That's a great idea," he declared, pulling his wife into a quick kiss. "Thank you, Monika."

"Hey, Abe! What's the holdup?" Ruby's voice demanded.

"Sorry! I'm having trouble locating the next episode!" Abe apologized. "So while I look for it, my wife generously offered to show one of her RWBY stories in the meantime."

"Aw, that's nice of her," Velvet smiled.

"What's it about?" Tai asked curiously.

"I have no idea," Abe shrugged. "I mean, I've seen them all before, but we haven't gotten around to labeling them, yet. Whatever it is, though, I'm sure it will be very funny."

"Alright!" Nora cheered. "I can't wait!" Abe inserted Monika's film reel into the projector. The lights dimmed, and the audience settled in, excited to see the events about to unfold on the big screen.

The episode began with a short scroll across a tropical island beach, with large fancy hotels and restaurants lining the entire coast. Humans and Faunus of various shapes, sizes, and species were seen walking along the beach, or frequenting one of the many businesses up off the sandy shores.

"Hey, that's Menagerie!" Blake realized. "It has gone through some changes!"

"Indeed," Ghira nodded, smiling slightly. "I never thought I'd see the day we'd have this many human tourists on our island. That must mean we're doing much better economically than we are right now..."

The scene changed to show the interior of one of the restaurants, where various students and teachers from the Huntsmen Academies were gathered. Slowly making their way around the tables were Adam and Ilia, each dressed in button-up flowered shirts, and grass skirts. The chameleon Faunus was playing an ukulele, and singing harmony to the bull Faunus, who's brand was out for all to see.

"I don't know what surprises me more," Blake said, staring at the screen in interest. "The fact this restaurant doesn't force Adam to cover up his brand, or that Adam is singing."

"And you've gotta admit, he doesn't sound half bad," Yang grinned.

It's always a nice and sunny beach day,
On the Faunus Island of Menagerie!
We get lots of smiles from people sailing our way,
We're the paradise of the shining sea!

This was the song Adam and Ilia sang together as everyone listened to them, large smiles on everyone's faces. The two Faunus came to a stop behind a table, where Jaune and Ruby were seated, tapping their hands in beat to the music.

"Hey, Jaune and I are in this, too!" Ruby laughed.

"There's gotta be a twist here," Roman muttered under his breath. "It's too happy and upbeat..."

Maybe Grimm will attack? Neo suggested, though she didn't look so sure.

"Hello!" Ilia greeted Ruby and Jaune warmly, as she and Adam wrapped up their song. "Welcome to the Island of Menagerie!"