Chapter 10

Mesto Mecha’s a pretty big place if you hadn’t already realized that. If I haven't already stressed enough about how the dojo is atop of the largest non-mountain hill known to man, lemme do that now. I swear whomever lied to these people about this being just a small hill could probably lie their way into the white house...wait that’s something that happens quite frequently.

Once you find a way to drag yourself up those bloody steps, you’ll be greeted by a white pathway, various types of trees growing on either side of the path, leading towards the entrance; a large feudal Japanese styled white wall with a gated archway. Past it was a huge courtyard that made up the majority of Mesto Mecha which was around the size of nearly five acres. In the center was a large tree with a contorted twisting trunk. It could only be best described as resembling a giant bonsai tree with creamy brown bark and vibrant green leaves. On the opposite side of the courtyard was the largest building, the main dojo. It resembled a feudal Japanese castle with immense size and beautiful architecture. This was where a lot of the disciples' training would take place, well besides the courtyard that is.

The dining room, kitchen and other rooms of importance were located there. For the most part, all of the disciples' rooms were in the main dojo as well. Lucy lived on the top floor in the attic. Katelyn and Layla had a huge room to themselves on the third floor. The others were more or less allowed to pick any of the empty rooms on the second, third or fourth floors and make them their own. While the other three masters were out looking for disciples to bring back, Bruce, along with the help of Katelyn and Layla, had taken the liberty to clear out and renovate a lot of the rooms in the main dojo to accommodate for guests. He himself resided within the basement of the dojo.

On the western side of the courtyard, there was a smaller building, about the size of an average condo. Surrounding this side of Mesto Mecha was what could be summed up as the area where we’d all have to destroy our bodies for the next four years. Weights and machines and contraptions of all shapes, sizes and misery were around and hidden deep within the horrific walls of that condo sized building. It was no surprise this was Jett’s place. It’d do wonders for your health if you just avoided the it altogether. On the eastern side, was a hut. While the rest of the place was on stone tiles that made a perfect square base on top of the hill, the hut was on the edge of the base. An array of flora seemed to grow along and around the it. Behind the hut, leading down the hill was an illustrious rich garden. I bet you hadn't realized I mentioned that the path by the entrance is lined by a bunch of different trees and in the center of the courtyard there’s an exotic looking one. Well that’s because Chuck Lee is quite the botanist and has a garden filled with flora from all around the world that could survive in that climate. An entire portion of the hill was covered with beautiful plants and flowers. Chuck has a real love for botany and lord have mercy upon any poor soul who messed with his garden.
Now believe me when I say that I'd love to tell you that the first morning being at Mesto Mecha was amazing. We all woke up after a full's night rest and enjoyed a huge breakfast. Then we did some nice simple stretching and warming up before our four superiors instructed us with some easygoing exercises to gauge exactly where we were physically as individuals. There were constant breaks where we could hydrate and have a go at any snack of our fancy. After a moderate afternoon, we'd wash off and get ready for an expertly prepared supper before some leisure and bonding time. Finally, at the night's end all nine of us were dismissed and allowed to retreat back to our rooms. Yes, I'd like to tell you that...but I am pridefully obligated to tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. That previous paragraph I just typed however is a lie.

The sun commenced it's slow ascent over the horizon, the faint gleam of it's shine began peering through Mesto Mecha's windows. The waves of the Atlantic ocean crashed rhythmically in the distance and seagulls let out their patent cry as they danced along the shore line. It was also possible for those with really sensitive ears to hear the soft breathes and light snores of all the residents inside the main dojo if you stood right in the center of the building. Such a truly peaceful morning, just past 0600 hours I believe it was. Most people are gonna have at least another hour or two of sleep guaranteed right? What kind of evil bloke would disturb that?