Chapter Thirteen ; Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I laughed, hoping it didn't sound fake. "Seriously, I'm fine." He shot me a skeptical look but let it go. I took note of where he was laying and where I was, only to realized that I was sleeping on top of him. Crap. How did this happen? I also noticed my hoodie on the floor and not on me.

"What did we-"

"Nothing." He answered a little too quickly. I raised my eyebrow. "No, really. You were sweating a bit so I took it off." He smiled sheepishly at me. "Sorry."

"It's fine," I replied quietly, sitting beside him. 

"Did that have anything to do with your dream?"

"Why are you so hung up on this?"

"Just wondering."

I paused. "I don't know. Probably. I had that dream before. I always wake up screaming. Robbie came in one night and told me I had a fever, so, yeah, sweating probably does have something to do with it."

I could tell from the look in his eyes that it was killing him to know what the nightmare was, so I have gave in. "I-it was about Jared. I always have it. How we met, how he died. 'Hey there, Delilah' is always in the background. I hate that song."

It wasn't so much that I hated the song, just the memories that came with it. It was Jared's favorite song. He used to play it to me on his guitar all of the time. It was the song that was playing in the cafe he took me to after the party. It was our song. 

I left out the part about Talon and Big D.  

Harry was silent. I didn't blame him. 

"I'm sorry," he finally said.

"It's not your fault."

"I feel like it is."

My eyes widen and jerked to him. 

"I feel like I'm the one making you feel guilty about him. I'm sorry."

"Harry, no. If it's anyone's fault then it's mine. I'm still getting over him and it's not healthy any more."

His face fell, so I wrapped my arms around him and ignored the strain in my wrist. "But I know who can help me with that."

He smirked and raised his eyebrow. "And who's that?"

"You, stupid."

He smiled and kissed my forehead before getting up.  "I'm going to go get a shower." He paused before turning to me and grinning. "Care to join me?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Not yet, Big Boy." 

Maybe I shouldn't have included the 'yet'. 

He laughed and left the room. I turned on the TV to Disney Channel, wanting something familiar in my life again. I dialed Robbie's number, hoping for some answers. The police never called me. 

It went straight to voicemail. 

"Hey, Robbie, it's Claire. I know I'm probably the last sibling you want to hear from right now, but please, call me back. I'm worried about you. Bye."

Then I tried Jonah, who didn't answer.

"Jonah, answer your damn phone and call me back. Bye."

I wondered if Lucas heard yet. So I called him. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Luke, it's Clarissa."

"Oh. You."