120

Irene is 20
Jennie is 20

"How's your grandma?" Jennie asked. She's standing by the window of Irene's room looking at the Manoban's house that's been empty for a week. The caretaker— which was Lisa's former driver and his family are the ones looking after the house. Jennie can still remember the hollow feeling when she saw the moving trucks coming out of the estate. When she went inside that day, the furnitures are already covered with white cloth.

"Cancer. Breast." Irene replied. Jennie looks at the other girl. "Stage two."

"Fuck." That's all Jennie could reply.

"Her mom died because of it too. She wasn't even surprised and said she already lived long enough." Irene added.

Jennie shook her head.
"She doesn't want Lisa's grandmothers to know too."
"I heard from grandma."

"If they find out they will come back too soon. Grandma Tae-hee said they had too many troubles in this lifetime and they want them to enjoy their remaining years with their family." Irene said. She glanced at her window with longing.

"Any news on Lisa?" Lucky asked. She went beside Irene who is sitting on her bed.

This time it's Irene who shook her head.
"Grandma Tae-hee said Grandma In-na was the same. Running away when they get hurt runs in their blood."

"I'm sorry." Jennie whispered.

"It's my fault..
I should've told her about Seulgi but I didn't.
And now it's too late."

"I know it's not the right time to bring this up b-but I don't want to keep this from you." Jennie said, she's playing with the fabric of Irene's comforter.
"Roseanne said s-she knows about what happened between Lisa and Jisoo.." Jennie paused and looked at Irene who is clutching her chest but nodded.
"It's okay." Irene mumbles.

"It's the night when we saw you and that girl outside the school. She and Jisoo didn't join us for dinner because Lisa was too depressed to eat.

Rosie was told that when Jisoo and Lisa woke up the following morning, Lisa cried."
"Did you ever see Lisa cry?"

Irene shook her head. In fact, crying is the only thing that Lisa can't do. She and Jennie took turns when they were young just to provoke their youngest.

"The only act of betrayal that Lisa did and she broke down." Jennie added. "It's not even a betrayal but she thought so. That's how she valued the relatioship between you two."

"And now she's gone and I can't go after her." Irene said.

"Grandma made me promise to focus on my goal..
She said if Lisa and I are really meant to be together she will come back."